PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone here weld stainless steel for me? Small Job.

calphi27
05-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Before I search the yellowpages, I thought I would ask here. I am looking to have someone weld 3 ss half couplings into the side of a ss keg just like in the pics below. I would also need the holes cut too. I would pay/trade whatever is fair. Also if anyone knows of a local source for the couplings, that would be great. I would rather buy local than from mcmaster.

Groucho
05-16-2008, 05:25 AM
pm sent

Beater
05-16-2008, 06:36 AM
groucho's shop welders are better than me... but if that doesn't work out let me know

j

calphi27
05-16-2008, 09:23 AM
groucho's shop welders are better than me... but if that doesn't work out let me know

j

will do and thanks! pm sent groucho

MDH33
05-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Geez, what are doing with those? Hope it's legal. :o

DaveInDenver
05-16-2008, 09:36 AM
He's (probably) making a brew kettle and/or mash tun. Just a guess. He's a home brewer is my guess.

Groucho
05-16-2008, 04:23 PM
We laser cut, form, roll, weld, pressure test and ship jacketed kettles for pasteurizing milk (for dairy cow consumption, nothing food grade). SUPER expensive (cause of all the precise TIG welding to weld the kettles water tight and full weld)

The outer shell has what I am thinking is exactly what you want. I do not carry any overstock for the McMaster part. We can figure it out if you want it done.

I wouldn't be able to do anything super quick, but if you get them to me on a Monday, I could have them done by Friday.

I will PM you.

calphi27
05-16-2008, 04:40 PM
He's (probably) making a brew kettle and/or mash tun. Just a guess. He's a home brewer is my guess.

You are right on Dave. I was also considering using it for ethanol, but I need to get an ATF permit first, which is easy to do.