PDA

View Full Version : Is Toyota dropping the ball?

Red_Chili
05-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Ahem, Toyota!
Are you moving away from the off-highway market, or something? GM beating you to the punch?

http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/programs-r4r-hummerrecreationrescue
:cheers: to GM.
Where is Toyota?

Caribou Sandstorm
05-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Bill,

You should be writing for the paper and incharge of healines...

Definately caught my attention.

I think this is great for all 4x4ers, Toyota seems involved from a marketing standpoint with the Trail Teams group, not sure how much they are doing with what Hummer is up to but, Since Toyota is #1 just surpassing GM, I bet they have plenty of $$$$ to also contribute.

Red_Chili
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words.
Disclaimer: what Toyota does with the trail teams is cool and worthy of applause, I mean no disrespect. But yeah, they could do more, and directly with land use issues like the HUMMER group.

Caribou Sandstorm
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
They have to have deep pockets to be able to do stuff like the TTT group.

But are they willing to spend money that way. It would be a political koo (sp), in my opinion if they did. "Japanese car manufacturer spends five figures or more on land preservation." That would tell a lot of would be car buyers that some of their dollars would come back to the US and for a good Green Cause...oh no not this topic again...

Red_Chili
05-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Yes it would.

Oh well, they seem to have resorted to trying to turn the 4Runner into a Ford Explorer (by explicit intention, as described by their engineers!), so they are following the success patterns of their competition.

So maybe they will imitate GM on this one. One can only hope.

powderpig
05-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Actually Toyota is a member of the Tread lightly partnership program. Here is a link to see who is participating and at what level with TL. http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/partners/Partners.html
It may not be the same thing and how Hummer is using the money donated, but Toyota is in the silver area(10-15k donation) and has been for several years. Just info for full knowledge. I see Hummer is in the platinum at over 50k donation a year. Hopefully it all goes to a good cause. Later Robbie

Corbet
05-17-2008, 12:50 PM
For a $250 donation RS could be listed as a Copper level partner. Just a thought.

Red_Chili
05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Actually Toyota is a member of the Tread lightly partnership program. Here is a link to see who is participating and at what level with TL. http://www.treadlightly.org/page.php/partners/Partners.html
It may not be the same thing and how Hummer is using the money donated, but Toyota is in the silver area(10-15k donation) and has been for several years. Just info for full knowledge. I see Hummer is in the platinum at over 50k donation a year. Hopefully it all goes to a good cause. Later Robbie
Yeah, I know and you know Toyota does good, but it is not as high visibility as Hummer. The factory is behind it as a marketing tool.