PDA

View Full Version : back yard is shaping up..

nakman
05-19-2008, 09:00 PM
After some good old fashioned manual labor, the nakman proving grounds are starting to take shape. Not much traction in 3" of pine needles though, had to use the front locker in a couple of places but managed to get the 80 through unscathed. I'm thinking later this fall once the course is a little more broken in we could do little plow truck relay race... :D

Shark Bait
05-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Looking good, Tim! That's a great picture. :)

RockRunner
05-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey were are the little lights for night time racing :D

Red_Chili
05-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Off trail!!!
I'm telling the landowne.... oh.

:hill:

nakman
05-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks, Chris.. and slowly but surely the little guy is becoming desensitized to the extreme angles.. inching ever so slightly towards the good end of the "too scary - this is fun" continuum.

Tom, the lights are part of the obstacles, there's actually one just in front of the truck in the second pic above, you can't see it in the pic of course.

and Bill, come on up and drive off trail any time you want, I bet Martin would loan you his chain saw. ;)

bigbluefj
05-20-2008, 10:46 PM
cool looks like i won't be tripping over much going to the trailer in a few weeks

nakman
06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Couldn't resist, we started the Scout this morning, just for fun, and well one thing led to another and next thing I know I was trying to tackle parts of the upper proving grounds. Had to create a little bypass for the part the 80's in above, but those chains really grab the dirt well.

Brakes went out, of course, as I was coming down from the hillside, had to crash into a big pile of tree branches to stop. Then I think one of the branches moved my lower radiator hose back, because after that I had a good flood of coolant blasting out. .. :hill: :lmao: Gavin thought the whole thing was pretty fun though.

bigbluefj
06-08-2008, 01:56 PM
cool wheeling before rubithon !!!!!

theboomboom
06-08-2008, 03:33 PM
i knew the scout bug would bite sooner than later :lmao:

nakman
06-08-2008, 04:30 PM
i knew the scout bug would bite sooner than later :lmao:

I know, pretty hard to resist. Hey maybe next time you're up we can take dad's 100 up for a spin.. :eek:

And it didn't slip off, but the hose is good and split. But I digress, this isn't the truck I need to be working on today...

MDH33
06-09-2008, 07:01 AM
I hope you had your spill kit handy. ;)