PDA

View Full Version : Free KYB Shocks

DaveInDenver
05-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Replaced the shocks. They weren't dead and didn't have oil puking, although the fronts are probably getting close to the end of their life. If ya need them, you are welcome to have them before I toss them in the trash. The rears probably are useful to someone. They are KYB part number KG5508, which I think lists for a Chevy truck, but are good for around 2" of lift on mini trucks. About 9" of stroke, about 24" overall extended. Forgot to write down the part number for the fronts, designed for IFS with the bolt at the top rather than an eye. Probably about 4~5" of stroke, overall pretty short, maybe about 15". Maybe useful for a trailer, dunno.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
05-22-2008, 07:36 PM
i'll tale the rears please.

DaveInDenver
05-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Rear set is yours!

Rezarf
05-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Dave would you mind measuring the fronts for me? They may work for my trailer. Thanks!

DaveInDenver
05-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Dave would you mind measuring the fronts for me? They may work for my trailer. Thanks!
Part number is KYB KG5474. Stroke is 4" and overall extended is about 15" from the lower mounting hole to the middle of the bushings on the threaded part. On an IFS truck, the shocks are mounted about half way inboard on the control arms and so they don't have to move a whole lot.

Here's what they look like, to give you some idea. If you imagine the two rubber bushings sandwiched between two washers and the nuts on the end. I measured 15" from where the mounting hole center would approximately be to the lower mount (about 5/8" I think, probably 16mm). Make sense? If the mounting dimensions work, certainly worth a try to see how different shock valving makes the trailer react.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/images/product_images/images/kyb/KG5474.jpg

Rezarf
05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks Dave, but I am looking for double eyes for mounting.

Drew

Jacket
05-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Drew - I've got all 4 shocks that I pulled off my 40. The rears are some sort of :cool: air shock setup. Can't tell you much more about them other than that they came from Sears, and are X years old with no known leaks.

Anyway - You are welcome to try them out and see if they'd work for you. I was going to just toss them in the trash.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
05-23-2008, 10:19 PM
DAVE,

how do we hook up?
i work basicly at sante fe and evans 8-4 m-f

i can probably meet you.

thanks
jim

DaveInDenver
05-24-2008, 06:54 AM
DAVE,

how do we hook up?
i work basicly at sante fe and evans 8-4 m-f

i can probably meet you.

thanks
jim
Well, if you want to swing by next week after work, I don't live far from where you work at all. I'll hit you with my address in a PM.