PDA

View Full Version : Got shelter?

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Well use this thread to figure out tent/bedding hotel or ???? needs. I'll make a list as things get posted up. I have many different tents form small to full size Outfitters tent (not bringing so don't ask!). We need to decide if we are each bringing a tent or just a couple big ones or ?????

1.Timm B.
2.Matt F / Jeff z - ??, Robb's, private tent for two, ?? :eek:
3.Tim N./Kevin K./ Bruce L.
4.Dan R. +1 - ??,Robb's, private tent, ??
5.Kevin / Treeroot ??(maybe TentCot), TentCot, Uncle Treesharkley Condominium, ???
6.Tom R. +1 - hotels, tent for 2 + wet dogs, hotel(s)
7. Mike W.+1 ??, Robb's, tent 4-2, ??
8. Chris / Quiggles - ??, Robb's, Uncle Treesharkley Condominium, ??
9. Ken R. + Rachel hotel?, Robb's, Romovilla, hotel?
10. Dave & Kirsten - Wildernest! & ???
11. Loren +family

Romer
05-22-2008, 11:44 AM
We have no hotel for Monday night. We want hotel/motel vs a camp spot

Have reservations for Tuesday at that Robb's place for a cabin and Tim's group is sharing the cabin.

Have our own tent as Rachel would likely be uncomfortable sharing a tent with a bunch of guys.

No Hotel picked for Monday on the return, thought we would drive until we got tired.

Convert
05-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I am set on a tent it sleeps 2
I have reservation's at Robb's for Tuesday 6-17

corsair23
05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Matt F / Jeff z

Mon 6/16: no hotel picked for Monday night yet
Tues 6/17: Robb's place - bunk bed "villa" (sharing with Chris H and possibly Treeroot??)
Wed-Sat 6/18-6/21: Tent(s) (depending upon what Matt decides we may have just one for both of us or possibly one each)
Sun/Mon 6/22-6/23: no hotel picked for trip home

Tch2fly
05-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Monday- Nothing firm
Tuesday- Reservation for Robbs (I have to check may have space but I forgot what I reserved:confused:)
Wed-Sat- 2-man tent for myself and son

Nothing firm for route home

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 01:29 PM
We are leaving Denver most likely on Sunday.

6/15: WilderNest, Dinosaur N.M.
6/16: Unsure, Wendover
6/17: WilderNest, Robb's Valley, reservation for RV site (don't mind sharing it, originally Martin was gonna camp there, too)
6/18-6/21: WilderNest, Rubicon Trail
6/22: Hotel in Tahoe
6/23-6/25: WilderNest

Can't offer additional accommodation with Kirsten coming along. We should have some space for extra stowage, though. I would be happy to squat and pay for a night at the RV spot.

DaveInDenver
05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I would be happy to squat and pay for a night at the RV spot.
Shouldn't be a problem. I think the RV camp spots are like $25, so it's not gonna break the bank. Anyway, Romer's will be the party cabin, just need a place to park the truck and sleep.

RockRunner
05-22-2008, 02:48 PM
We are leaving 6/12 traveling along the California coast back to S. Lake Tahoe but will meet up at Robbs resort on 6/17

Robbs resort 6/17 Staying in a cabin with two Golden's (May have a room) checking with the :Princess:

Our tent 6/18 till 6/21 2 dogs with us, I am sure nobody wants to sleep next to two wet Golden's :D

Hotel in S Lake Tahoe 6/22 (Shower for the :Princess: ) OK and me too....:D

nakman
05-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Tom if you bring a wet Golden I may have to bring ours too.. would sure help Michele not having to deal with her being single mom for a week. Dogs are ok on the con then, eh? I saw at least one in that video...

Uncle Ben
05-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Tom if you bring a wet Golden I may have to bring ours too.. would sure help Michele not having to deal with her being single mom for a week. Dogs are ok on the con then, eh? I saw at least one in that video...

He can sit right next to the wet Northern on the road trip! ;) :lmao::lmao:

nakman
05-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Guys I have reviewed the latest from the spare parts, food, shelter, and other random threads and did my best to get it all into one easy to digest spreadsheet. There are three pages, I hope you agree this is very easy to understand.

Please download, edit, etc., then just post it back up once you've made your changes. If you can just put today's date at the end of the file name, that will help keep revision levels in check. We can reference the latest version of this when we do our unofficial planning meeting next Friday, thanks. :beer:

RockRunner
05-22-2008, 11:48 PM

They are OK, need to be on a leash at all times. We plan to go hiking with them after the trail day and let them swim etc.

I know our boys would love another one to play with.

Dog rule!!:D

nakman
05-23-2008, 08:34 AM
dogs... Ok, cool. and FWIW that dog in the video sure wasn't on any leash... :rolleyes: but I'll bring one. Ours would sit in the truck pretty much the whole time, she's 10 and can't run all day like she used to, I'll get her out if there is some big obstacle where I'm worried she'll fly up and land in the front seat or something, then someone can just hold her for a minute, otherwise she'll be curled up in back. I have wheeled enough to know that the last thing you want is a dog in the way just when you have the line and momentum, and they sure can complicate recovery efforts too.

Shark Bait
05-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Neil s going to ride out with me. Is thee room in the condo with you, Kevin? Or do you have another unit? :D

Uncle Ben
05-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Neil s going to ride out with me. Is thee room in the condo with you, Kevin? Or do you have another unit? :D

Mikes in! I do have a large 6 person that would be comfy for 4 cots. Actually there is one at Sam's right now that has my attention. I really just need to know so I know what to make room for.

Shark Bait
05-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Mikes in! I do have a large 6 person that would be comfy for 4 cots. Actually there is one at Sam's right now that has my attention. I really just need to know so I know what to make room for.

You, me, treeroot and Neil would make 4, right? :cool:

mtncrsr
05-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Well use this thread to figure out tent/bedding hotel or ???? needs. I'll make a list as things get posted up. I have many different tents form small to full size Outfitters tent (not bringing so don't ask!). We need to decide if we are each bringing a tent or just a couple big ones or ?????

1.Timm B.
2.Matt F / Jeff z - ??, Robb's, private tent for two, ?? :eek:
3.Tim N./Kevin K./ Bruce L.
4.Dan R. +1 - ??,Robb's, private tent, ??
5.Kevin / Treeroot ??(maybe TentCot), TentCot, Uncle Treesharkley Condominium, ???
6.Tom R. +1 - hotels, tent for 2 + wet dogs, hotel(s)
7. Mike W.+1 ??, Robb's, tent 4-2, ??
8. Chris / Quiggles - ??, Robb's, Uncle Treesharkley Condominium, ??
9. Ken R. + Rachel hotel?, Robb's, Romovilla, hotel?
10. Dave & Kirsten - Wildernest! & ???
11. Loren +family

Monday night our family has a hotel in Wendover Utah. Tuesday I will drop off the truck and trailer near the end of the Rubicon trail and offload the 40. Any ideas where would be a good place to safely park the truck and trailer? My wife and girls would rent a car for their time in the San Fransico area while I'm running the trail. Tuesday night I will be staying at Ice House. For camping on the trail I have a three man back packing tent I can bring or if the group needs a tent for larger accommodations I can bring our eight man tent. Sunday night we are planning on staying in the same Wendover Utah hotel and then driving home the rest of the way on Monday.