PDA

View Full Version : Where do the Children Play?

bh4rnnr
05-22-2008, 08:34 PM
A small pub in Namur, Belgium got me fixated back on Cat Stevens. Will never understand why he is wanted by the US...

"Well you roll on roads over fresh green grass.
For your lorryloads pumping petrol gas.
And you make them long, and you make them tough.
But they just go on and on, and it seems you can't get off."

Maddmatt
05-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Per wikipedia (I know, its always right ;) ) he's not wanted, was merely deported because his name was on the "watch" list, turned out to be somebody else with a similar name, and he has since successfully entered and left the USA.

Chris
05-22-2008, 09:11 PM
I recently heard he's returning to the music scene with a new album.

I don't care about his political or religious views, he's made some good music. :cool:

Red_Chili
05-23-2008, 07:59 AM
But any woman in his life would be nuts to stay with him.

No shortage of nuts in this world.

FJBen
05-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey Perry!

Are you going to the pre-BHTM BBQ this year? Sounds like I"m going and bringing the guitar :D

oh, and on topic, when I play live, I usually play Wild World, and Hard Headed Woman.

rover67
05-23-2008, 09:36 AM
I grew up listening to him every night on the couch with my folks..

now that you mention it, i haven't listend to him in a while. i think i know what i'll pick on the ipod on the road trip today.

Maddmatt
05-23-2008, 12:46 PM
I recently heard he's returning to the music scene with a new album.

I don't care about his political or religious views, he's made some good music. :cool:

word. :D Tea for Tillerman is one of the all time great albums. I do have a fairly recent "greatest hits" compilation that is somewhat of a let down though, as greatest hits albums often are.

bh4rnnr
05-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey Perry!

Are you going to the pre-BHTM BBQ this year? Sounds like I"m going and bringing the guitar :D

oh, and on topic, when I play live, I usually play Wild World, and Hard Headed Woman.

Glad to here you play his stuff. Would love to here it some time:cool:.

Dont know if i'm going to the pre-BHTM gathering this year. Hard without a vehicle. but we need to meet up at the show if anything else. I'll, as usual, be in the early bird line(and i'll be there early as well).

Matt, thanks for tht info. I forget sometimes to do a google search on stuff like this.

Glad to see others are a fan of him. My personal favs would have to be Miles from Nowhere, Where do the Children Play and Father and Son.

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr
05-23-2008, 04:08 PM
word. :D Tea for Tillerman is one of the all time great albums. I do have a fairly recent "greatest hits" compilation that is somewhat of a let down though, as greatest hits albums often are.

I'll agree as well about Teaa for Tillerman. Verry:cool: stuff:thumb::beer: