PDA

View Full Version : Trek 800 Sport bike - small frame, $150 OBO

ScaldedDog
06-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Trek 13" frame, like brand new! We got this bike for my daughter 5 years ago, but she only rode it once. The tires aren't even dirty, and still have the nubs on them. Red and white. The modern equivalent sells for $300, so this is a deal.

http://www.scaldeddog.com/images/Trek800Sport.jpg

Mark

corsair23
06-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Mark...

Any pics and specs (weight) by chance? And when you say "small frame", are we talking for a young child here or more of a teenager? My almost 9 year old daughter will be needing a new bike here soon (the bike she is riding if more fit for a 5 year old :hill: and she looks pretty silly riding it). I tried to do a Google search for pictures but no luck...The Trek 800 name seems to stretch back a lot of years.

ScaldedDog
06-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Mark...

Any pics and specs (weight) by chance? And when you say "small frame", are we talking for a young child here or more of a teenager? My almost 9 year old daughter will be needing a new bike here soon (the bike she is riding if more fit for a 5 year old :hill: and she looks pretty silly riding it). I tried to do a Google search for pictures but no luck...The Trek 800 name seems to stretch back a lot of years.

Hi Jeff. We got it for my daughter when she was 11-12, but even at 17 she's only 5'3". :D It is an "adult" bike, though, with 26" wheels and that sort of thing. I'd swag the weight at 30lbs, if only because that's what all these things seem to weigh. I'll measure the frame and take a photo this morning.

Mark

corsair23
06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Mark :thumb:

It might be a little too big yet for my daughter but pics never hurt :hill:

ScaldedDog
06-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Jeff,

I edited my original post to reflect the 13" frame size and to post a photo. Your daughter is welcome to take it for a spin. The bike is in near Coal Mine and Simms, and I'll be around there tonight.

Thanks,

Mark

corsair23
06-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Mark,

Sorry for the late response...We won't be able to test ride the bike till sometime after I return from the Rubithon trip. If the bike is still available at that time, then maybe we can set up a time to meet to see how my daughter "fits" the bike, or vice versa :)