PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Denver

thugmusk
06-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Hi,

I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Rich Adams and I am/will be new to the Denver area, coming from Kansas City on a job (Time Warner Cable) relocation.

Born and raised in NJ, I currently own a '78 40 (http://home.kc.rr.com/richadams/40.jpg) and a '97 80 (http://home.kc.rr.com/richadams/80.JPG). The 80 is new to me as of Mar 1. I joined the TLCA in late '94 or early '95 after I resurrected a friends '76 40 (http://home.kc.rr.com/richadams/oldcruiser.jpg)which I later bought from him which was later stolen from me within 30 days after moving to KC. It made the "Stolen Cruiser" section on the TLCA page for a couple of years but of course no luck.

I bought a house in Englewood on East Amherst Ave (with a detached double Cruiser garage) but currently staying in a Residence Inn in KC, while my KC house gets prepped for this crappy market, as the job is requiring me to maintain the local Road Runner ISP data center until 1 July. My wife is in Denver now unpacking our household goods and looking for a fence contractor as I have two Dalmatians and we're gonna need one.

Looking forward to whatever first meeting I can attend to associate some faces to the familiar names that I remember from the LCML.

Question, is there a Toyota dealer in town that honors the 25% TLCA discount? We KC cruiserheads are fortunate as the local Toy dealer not only honors the discount but most times applies that discount to the other Toyotas in the "family" as well as them sponsoring BBQs for the local Cruiser club (Tornado Alley Cruisers). I will be tackling some baseline work on the 80 and just wondering if I should order the parts here or just wait until I'm out in Denver.

I guess that's it for now, hope to meet some of you soon.

Respectfully,
Rich Adams

Romer
06-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome Rich,

Thats just south of Yale I think so you would be between Broadway and University if you are in Englewood. Another Southsider :D

I know Mtn states gives a TLCA discount 20-25%

Go Toyota on Arapahoe Road has given me a TLCA discount, not as good as 25% though

I think Burt and stevenson do Rising Sun only but you would have to call them.
Burt Toyota would be your closest dealer.

Boulder Toyota might as its part of the Larry Miller Group.

I know you can order from American Toyota (Larry Miller Group) in albq and get the 25% discount with free shipping over $100. You have to ask for the Mud discount though.

MDH33
06-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi Rich,

Welcome to Rising Sun!

Lots of trails to check out here in CO. Join up with us sometime for a run or two. If you make it to some events and a meeting, you can join the club.

In addition to becoming a member of the best Toyota club on the planet, you'll also get some discounts at our local Dealerships.

Otherwise, there's always CruiserDan.

:thumb:

Hi,

I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Rich Adams and I am/will be new to the Denver area, coming from Kansas City on a job (Time Warner Cable) relocation.

Born and raised in NJ, I currently own a '78 40 (http://home.kc.rr.com/richadams/40.jpg) and a '97 80 (http://home.kc.rr.com/richadams/80.JPG). The 80 is new to me as of Mar 1. I joined the TLCA in late '94 or early '95 after I resurrected a friends '76 40 (http://home.kc.rr.com/richadams/oldcruiser.jpg)which I later bought from him which was later stolen from me within 30 days after moving to KC. It made the "Stolen Cruiser" section on the TLCA page for a couple of years but of course no luck.

I bought a house in Englewood on East Amherst Ave (with a detached double Cruiser garage) but currently staying in a Residence Inn in KC, while my KC house gets prepped for this crappy market, as the job is requiring me to maintain the local Road Runner ISP data center until 1 July. My wife is in Denver now unpacking our household goods and looking for a fence contractor as I have two Dalmatians and we're gonna need one.

Looking forward to whatever first meeting I can attend to associate some faces to the familiar names that I remember from the LCML.

Question, is there a Toyota dealer in town that honors the 25% TLCA discount? We KC cruiserheads are fortunate as the local Toy dealer not only honors the discount but most times applies that discount to the other Toyotas in the "family" as well as them sponsoring BBQs for the local Cruiser club (Tornado Alley Cruisers). I will be tackling some baseline work on the 80 and just wondering if I should order the parts here or just wait until I'm out in Denver.

I guess that's it for now, hope to meet some of you soon.

Respectfully,
Rich Adams

wesintl
06-12-2008, 09:15 PM
wow.. old time cruiser head from back east. Welcome to the neighborhood Rich.

Discounts are available at several dealers here. Stevinson and Boulder toyota are probably the best $ wise. But since Burt is close and still gives 20 iirc I use them alot. I'm sure Jerry and Joe will be pleased to be looking up more old parts. ;)

DaveInDenver
06-13-2008, 05:25 AM
But since Burt is close and still gives 20 iirc I use them alot. I'm sure Jerry and Joe will be pleased to be looking up more old parts. ;)
If you look up Jerry at Burt (who I go to also, BTW), bringing Michelob Ultra or PBR will help. Really.

Red_Chili
06-13-2008, 07:35 AM
That usually puts a smile on an otherwise dour face!
He has done a lot for me. So I try to bring an Ultra 12 by every few months to a year.

Don't bother trying to get him to try a wheat beer or anything else with any flavor... :lmao:

DaveInDenver
06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
That usually puts a smile on an otherwise dour face!
He has done a lot for me. So I try to bring an Ultra 12 by every few months to a year.

Don't bother trying to get him to try a wheat beer or anything else with any flavor... :lmao:
Years ago I was bringing him sixers of micros, nothing super exotic but Fat Tires and stuff. He was always thankful, but one day he said he really didn't care for all that heavy beer. So I just asked him what he liked, Michelob Ultra and Pabst. He has really taken care of me a number times and so I try to bring him beer just about every time I see him. I understand that they work on commission at Burt, so when he gives you special pricing, it comes out of the amount of pay he makes. Just what I heard, dunno.

Red_Chili
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
I understand that they work on commission at Burt, so when he gives you special pricing, it comes out of the amount of pay he makes. Just what I heard, dunno.
It's true.

RockRunner
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood, you have some nice rides there. Everyone has covered the discounts already so you should be in good shape. Hopefully we will see you at one of the meetings or trail rides.

thugmusk
07-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Arrived in Englewood.

Thank you for all the welcomes and info!

This is the first time I am seeing the house as the wife did the house hunting. Oh man,,,she wasn't kiddin' when she said we have a detached "double cruiser garage". The garage is just a couple hundred cubic feet smaller then the entire house! Two commercial sized garage doors that fit the OMEd and RTTd 80 with tons of room to spare. The 40 looks tiny in this garage.

Back to unpacking. Meet you all soon.

Respectfully,
Rich Adams

nuclearlemon
07-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Arrived in Englewood.

Thank you for all the welcomes and info!

This is the first time I am seeing the house as the wife did the house hunting. Oh man,,,she wasn't kiddin' when she said we have a detached "double cruiser garage". The garage is just a couple hundred cubic feet smaller then the entire house! Two commercial sized garage doors that fit the OMEd and RTTd 80 with tons of room to spare. The 40 looks tiny in this garage.

Back to unpacking. Meet you all soon.

Respectfully,
Rich Adams

so where in englewood did you end up. i used to live across from swedish. still know a couple of cruiserheads in the area.

thugmusk
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
so where in englewood did you end up.

East Amherst Ave, near Downing.

DaveInDenver
07-06-2008, 08:23 PM
East Amherst Ave, near Downing.
Which side of Downing? You are walking distance to both timmbuck2 and me.

Mendocino
07-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Welcome Rich! We need pics of the garage; ohh, and the Cruisers too.;)

thugmusk
07-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Which side of Downing? You are walking distance to both timmbuck2 and me.

East side, two houses in, #1230. One of you must own the "old 40" my wife tells me she saw parked up the street.

Welcome Rich! We need pics of the garage; ohh, and the Cruisers too.;)

Pics of the cruisers are linked in the first post. Pics of the garage I do not have, but I can get them if you seriously want to see what my garage looks like.

Still have some major unpacking to do. My wife has been here for a few weeks but MY first priority was to setup my coffee roasting gear as I have been living in a hotel these past couple months and did some poor planning on how much coffee I will need so I'm jonesin' for the good stuff.

Rich

DaveInDenver
07-07-2008, 07:10 PM
East side, two houses in, #1230. One of you must own the "old 40" my wife tells me she saw parked up the street.
Not me, I only have a pickup. If you are talking about a nicely rebuilt FJ40, that might be the fella down on Corona St., just south of Iliff. I've never been able to catch him to talk to him, but it's a well done truck, white, hard top. There's a few Cruisers and tons of trucks around the neighborhood. There's a carpenter over on Pearl at Evans with a hideous yellow and red FJ40 with a huge roof rack. Working truck. A few 60s and 80s around, too. Tim lives on your side of Downing, but it's probably not his 40 that you're seeing running around the neighborhood, yet.

Dora
07-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Does your wife like to go 4 wheeling too? I love to go with Corbet and the group. It would be nice to have another wife on the Rising Sun trips. Good luck in Denver. You will enjoy being a member of the Rising Sun. It's a great group.

Rock Dog
07-13-2008, 02:03 AM
I also have gone to Burt for over 15 years, and Jerry is GREAT for those of us on the south side of town. Welcome to the mile high city ! If you like mountains and camping, you will love it here :D