PDA

View Full Version : WTB 78-84 FJ40 hardtop side panels

Willinator
06-14-2008, 09:05 PM
I've been on the lookout for a late model top, thought I'd chuck it out there, see if there might be one here local. - also, just a thought, I'm willing to trade my 76 side panels plus cash$$ for a later model.

thanks,

also, is there a traditional way to introduce myself & my cruiser to everyone on the forum? I'm a rookie at this forum thing, thanx again

Hulk
06-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Are you just looking for those little pop-out windows? I don't think there is any other difference between a '76 and later model top.

EWheeler
06-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Check out this thread and give the guy a call. His name is Chris and he is up in Leadville. I don't know the difference between the years and the hardtops but I talked to him he said the sides were in near perfect condition. It seems for the condition he claims, they are pretty cheap if he still has them but I am very new to cruisers. Good luck,

Evan

http://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/224075-40-series-body-parts-75-later.html

corsair23
06-14-2008, 11:44 PM
also, is there a traditional way to introduce myself & my cruiser to everyone on the forum? I'm a rookie at this forum thing, thanx again

I don't know about "traditional" but a quick post in the Chit-Chat section introducing yourself along with pictures of your vehicle(s) should do it :thumb:

Then, come to the July meeting and meet everyone and kick some tires :D

Willinator
06-15-2008, 12:26 AM
My Thanks, Yes I'm looking for the pop out rear windows, my 78 & my 81 both had them and i miss them~ both for look and air flow function. I actually have already seen that posting Evan, and those sides are the same as mine -no vent windows, but thanks all the same. And I'll get on chit chat and do some show and tell the next time i have a spare moment. Whats the date on the July meeting? (I know the place).

:beer::beer:
Will

corsair23
06-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Whats the date on the July meeting? (I know the place).

First Wednesday of every month (except for May due to Moab) so next month it would be on 7/2

7:30pm the meeting starts but folks start showing up in the parking lot around 6:45-7:00 to shoot the breeze and kick the tires :thumb:

Hulk
06-15-2008, 02:43 AM
7:30pm the meeting starts but folks start showing up in the parking lot around 6:45-7:00 to shoot the breeze and kick the tires :thumb:

5:30-6:00 p.m. folks show up to drink the beer and eat Ameri-Mexican food at On The Border on Colfax across from Colorado Mills Mall.

9:00-11:00 p.m. The die hards who can't get enough of Cruiser talk adjourn to Hops (on Colfax across from Colorado Mills Mall, just west of On The Border) to drink more of the beer.

Uncle Ben
06-15-2008, 07:37 AM
5:30-6:00 p.m. folks show up to drink the beer and eat Ameri-Mexican food at On The Border on Colfax across from Colorado Mills Mall.

9:00-11:00 p.m. The die hards who can't get enough of Cruiser talk adjourn to Hops (on Colfax across from Colorado Mills Mall, just west of On The Border) to drink more of the beer.

Geeze Matt! :rolleyes: It's painfully clear that you have a problem! :blah: I can't believe you do so much of the official meeting stuff! :rolleyes: If we cut down the actual meeting time it would give us more pre and post meeting "talk" time! :beer2: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Willinator
06-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Wednesday nights are a big work night for me but I'll try to work it out to come; if I can expedite, I might be able to roll in at more 8- 8:30. How long does everyone hang at Stevenson's?
Waite a minute.... being a newbie I don't mean to question, but you guys start at Stevenson Toy in Aurora, and then end up :beer:ing WAY out at Colo Mills Mall? Must be a group that lives out in the foothills I reckon. Nobody wants a long drive after a good night of :beer2:

enjoy the rest of the weekend!:thumb:

boulder76
06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
I have a 79 Hard top in good shape that I was going to put up for sale. Asking $400 obo for it.

nuclearlemon
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
but you guys start at Stevenson Toy in Aurora, and then end up :beer:ing WAY out at Colo Mills Mall? Must be a group that lives out in the foothills I reckon. Nobody wants a long drive after a good night of :beer2:

enjoy the rest of the weekend!:thumb:

stevinson toyota west, in golden.

Willinator
06-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Thats great, :thumb: PM sent