PDA

View Full Version : FJ Cruiser Photo Shoot Needs Support

Rzeppa
02-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Bill Morgan and I have been in touch with a photo location scout who was retained by Toyota's ad agency, Saatchi and Saatchi, about a photo shoot of the new FJ Cruiser. The scout is based in LA, and was unable to do the scouting personally, and retained a local scout. I've been in touch with both of them, both by email and by phone.

The LA scout informed me today that they've chosen the Walden CO area do do their shooting on Feb 11th and 12th, a Saturday and Sunday. He wanted to know if we could provide some support in case the FJ or their other vehicle(s) gets stuck in the snow.

I'll let the northern club know about this via their clubhouse section on mud, Walden's 142 miles from Denver but closer to them. Here's copy-and-paste from the latest email:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to update you on the status of the photo shoot.

They have decided on Walden, CO, shooting Saturday, Feb. 11th and Sunday Feb 12th. We would like to invite you and your local TLCA to the shoot. Do you think anyone from within your TLCA group would be interested in coming up? We would like to at least designate a couple vehicles to be there for the weekend. Mostly to be there as support in case the FJ or any other vehicles get stuck. I would think they could at least cover a couple hotel room's, food and gas for a couple of vehicles. They are planning on flying into Denver and driving up to Laramie, WY on Friday.

I will not be there on the shoot, but I wanted to let you know how the schedule was coming together and to see if can help me organize the designated Cruisers. Gavin Harrison is the producer and he will be the contact on the shoot, but I am organizing support. They will organize food on they days of the shoot, and would like to have enough for everyone thats comes to hang out, maybe we could get a head count. They probably don't need this until next week some time.

Let me know what you think and feel free to call me anytime.

Jeff Nelson
(323) 461-5755

FJBen
02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Thats my hometown!!!! Good old walden...I'll definitely try and make that...Grew up there.

Rzeppa
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
FJ, did you see my post on mud about your 2F?

FJBen
02-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Yup, replied about that, It's basically just the block, I'll be pulling the accessories as you've noticed in my other questioning posts.

It was running, pulled in favor of a diesel swap. Don't know the compression but I'd make you a hell of a deal!...lol

Rzeppa
02-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Cool, thanks Ben. I looked up Walden - pretty small town. Looks like mostly ranching? About 8100 feet elevation, so it shouldn't be too snowed in. Not sure I can make this one, I had planned a getaway for the following weekend. There are a few cabins/lodges not far from Walden.

FJBen
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
yeah, you could say small town LOL...My graduating class was 16 kids... :D

I have family still up there, and contacts in the Sheriffs department(good family friends, mom worked there over 10 years) and a great knowledge of the area.

It's about 2:45 minutes from greeley. I usually go up 287 to laramie and down as you can drive faster (if your cruiser can go that fast) with the only Caveat being the possibility for VERY strong winds and ice.

The Poudre canyon is MUCH more scenic but slower going due to the curves. I like this in the winter as not many people are on it.

There are a few hotels in town, and some cabins/lodges outside of town, but I'm not sure which are open right now. I could try and get some info if anybody wanted any on what hotels/lodges were open.

Beater
02-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I am always up for pulling someone out

:eek:

Bobzooki
02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
yeah, you could say small town LOL...My graduating class was 16 kids... :D

North Park. Grrrrrr...

When my kid was in High School, we didn't fare too well against North Park (A-8 man football). Gilpin County doesn't like North Park much...

:mad:

FJBen
02-01-2006, 05:07 PM
North Park. Grrrrrr...

When my kid was in High School, we didn't fare too well against North Park (A-8 man football). Gilpin County doesn't like North Park much...

:mad:

If it makes you feel any better, I never played you! I graduated in 94 lol, I was one of the last years of 11 man. Nice to play 11 man with 15 kids! We were more basketball at that time, now I think it's changed.

nuclearlemon
02-02-2006, 12:01 AM
i miss driving through poudre canyon and owl canyon...used to live in red feather, across from gopher acres.

bh4rnnr
02-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Think i'll ride along and take pictures :D :beer:

Red_Chili
02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
I can be there if leaving Denver (work) at 4PM is acceptable, and if coming back Sunday afternoon also works.

What's next, Jeff? Do we sign up here and you make the call, do we call him directly?

Red_Chili
02-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh, and Brian Ellinger is near there, in Red Feather. Should I contact him? I think he would be enthusiastic, and would be a possible aftermarket product developer for the FJC.

powderpig
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
After talking with My wife, I am able to make it as well, but if you have your 2-3 vechicles and need no more then this may alter my thoughts. I personally think that more than a couple of vechicles it may be more of a cluster F. But it depends on what these guys really want. It sounds like they(from the reading) not really wanting a bunch of trucks. Maybe I am reading the info wrong. Just my thoughts. What is next Jeff? later robbie

Rzeppa
02-02-2006, 11:16 AM
I gave Jeff the URL to this thread and the one for the northern club on mud; he can read this, and of course sign up and post if he wishes. He also left his phone number, which I posted. I've spoken to him several times, nice guy. A place like this thread in this forum would be an ideal way to consolodate information for all involved, instead of a bunch of separate phone calls and emails. I don't think a cluster fudge will happen unless there is miscommunication.

I'll send him another email and ask him to sign up to participate in this thread so everyone's seeing the same information.

powderpig
02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks Jeff, robbie

Rezarf
02-02-2006, 12:20 PM
I would be interested in going... especially if they are shooting a smurf blue FJ Cruiser...

ah... two smurf blue toyotas seperated by 30 years of time, and a pro photographer to boot!... :D

Seriously, I am really available and willing to check it out and tug with the winch if necessary.

Nice meeting you all last night!

Drew

JeffNelson
02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Hello

Jeff Nelson here, I was the location scout for this job and now I am helping coordinate this shoot. Toyota wants snow, mud, and water for this campaign and we are doing the snow portion in Walden, Co. It is going to take place on Sat & Sun, Feb 11th & 12.

Toyota wanted to invite everyone from the TLCA and local clubs to come up and hang out and to check out the new FJ. We will try to find a good meeting place in Walden in the morning if people would like to head out with us. I don't know if there is a coffee shop or diner, but the photo crew is staying Laramie and driving in fairly early in the AM and returning to Laramie in the evenings. Any suggestions?

They will be taking pictures of the FJ for advertisement as well as getting shots & video of everyone that comes out for the Toyota website.

So, by mid-week we should have a good idea on how this is coming together. Robert Antonson "powderpig" will rolling with us and helping us coordinate. We will try get a head count on who is coming so we have enough food for all. It should be a good time!

Red_Chili
02-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Very good, put me down as attending Saturday and Sunday. I will bring my 1987 modified red 4Runner. I will probably try to stay overnight in Walden if possible, leaving Denver around 4 or 5 PM Friday. If it would be better to stay in Laramie for coordination let me know, and at which motel.

powderpig
02-03-2006, 08:12 AM
I will have more info when Gavin contacts me. The photo shoot crew is staying in Laramie both nights according to what Jeff has told me. I am currenlty looking for a Resturant to make food for us and a place to meet in Walden. I pm'd FJBEN about this as I am not able to find much on the web. Any suggestions would be helpfull. According to Jeff Nelson, this shoot will be moslty on the sand dunes, looking around at some maps, this appears to be at the North Sand Hill SRMA just to the north of Waldon. Again I will have more when Gavin contacts me.
Any questions before hand from any one post them up and I will try to have the answers later after I talk to Gavin(the producer on the shoot). later robbie

Seldom Seen
02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm working on clearing the decks so we can go as well. Looks like we are gonna try to leave Fri and stay till sun.

A search of "North Park" got more hits than "Walden" for lodging and food.

North Park (http://www.coloradodirectory.com/walden/)

I did some rigging for a climbing gear shoot once, from that expirence I would not expect to get a lot of wheeling in. Bring a lawn chair, 'cuz I would plan on a bunch of hurry up and wait. Still sounds like fun and a chance to get out so hope to see ya'll there.

FJBen
02-03-2006, 03:07 PM
There aren't many places up their to stay, I'm staying at my uncles ranch. My mom just moved last year or I would have 4 rooms for people to stay in.

DINING:
The River Rock cafe/Antler Inn which we'll most likely have the meeting at, lounge/bar/inn...pretty new in town and the nicest.
The Bowling alley, good burgers, 6 lanes of furious bowling!
The Elkhorn, longtime stable, typical small diner
Moose River, another diner

North Park Supers: THE grocery store...closes at like 7 or 8...so get what ya need early.

Lodging:
Chedsey Motel, 537 Main St, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-8201)
Hoover Round Up Motel, 361 Main St, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-4680)
North Park Motel, 625 Main St, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-4271)
Westside Motel, 441 Lafever, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-8589)

BARS: across the street from eachother and 1/2 block from the 2 liquor stores in town.
The Stockman: local hangout...I got everyones back ;)
River Rock: nicer than stockman

PARTS:
Napa...thats it...you guessed it, main street!

Natural Hot Springs: for the brave...
about 30 minutes outside of town, smells like sulphur,(you will need MANY showers after this) been buldozed in a time or two......polar bearing is FREEZING this time of year...just do it drunk (don't ask how i know)

For everyone up there that is gonna stay, I'll give ya my cell phone number in case you need something. You can PM me for anymore info.

Seldom Seen
02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
LoL :D looks like the kind-a place where the roll up the sidewalks at dusk....

Bobzooki
02-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Been there, done that...

(Actually, IIRC, the football field is at the very bottom of the circle.)

IanB
02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I may go up and check this out too, anyone settled on particular hotel yet?

Red_Chili
02-03-2006, 04:09 PM
It may be easier to stay at Laramie, not that far really... but then, a small town can be a real hoot!

And DANG, man! Four motels!!! More motels than bars, that's gotta be a first. I suspect between them we won't see a 'No Vacancy' sign most likely.

Laramie or Walden, I can do either. I'll go with the flow, chains in tow.

Mebbe the whole crew, photogs and everybody, could stay in Walden? Laramie is not much more, um, shall we say, "metropolitan". Would undoubtedly contribute to the small-town economy, and it would be the talk of the town for months.

FJBen
02-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Yup you are right, thats the field and the sledding hill if anyone is up for sledding!

...the small green dot is/was my house. Log cabin built in 1898, but obviously added onto. our garage was an Ice Storage Shed built in the early 1900's...you could park a semi in that beast and have plenty of room to work on it! I do miss that town a ton! Good thing I go up there a bit, twice a year to move cattle...oh the joys of a saddle...

FJBen
02-03-2006, 04:17 PM
It may be easier to stay at Laramie, not that far really... but then, a small town can be a real hoot!

And DANG, man! Four motels!!! More motels than bars, that's gotta be a first. I suspect between them we won't see a 'No Vacancy' sign most likely.

Mebbe the whole crew, photogs and everybody, could stay in Walden? Laramie is not much more, um, shall we say, "metropolitan". Would undoubtedly contribute to the small-town economy, and it would be the talk of the town for months.

Don't forget...there isn't any stoplights...;)

Medicine Bow up to Walden can be a little sketchy if the weather is bad, and there tend to be a lot of deer. It takes about an hour to get to Walden from laramie. The Sand dunes are about 15 minutes from walden back towards Laramie.

And trust me, that many lifted TOYOTA's in one spot...WOW...The town will be in AWE! Hell we could make the Local Paper!!! all 4 pages of it!!!! Hmm this is sounding like a TT article...;) there is one Cruiserhead up there that I know of, I'll get in touch with him.

Anyone that is up for a drink friday night if you stay there, just shoot me a PM, i'll send my number.

Rzeppa
02-03-2006, 04:46 PM

Mebbe the whole crew, photogs and everybody, could stay in Walden? Laramie is not much more, um, shall we say, "metropolitan". Would undoubtedly contribute to the small-town economy, and it would be the talk of the town for months.The FJ Crew is planning on staying in Laramie. They've probably already booked hotels by now.

powderpig
02-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I just got off the phone with Gavin the Producer of the shoot. He is stating at this time he will give the location and time to meet in Walden on thursday. He seems to have a guy named Rod Pepper as his location finder and guide. Rod has a well built Bronco that he is towing to the site.
Gavin's thoughts on number of trucks is to try to not have more then 5-6 trucks involved beside Rod Pepper and My self. If there is more then so be it. They already are set up in Laramie for hotels and are not really interested in changing that. Bill Burke is the the Pro driver for the shoot. So that is the info at this time. Any how Gavin has given me his cell phone number for any questions that come up and I will have to call him on thursday to finalize the meeting place and time.
Have a great weekend.
later robbie

Uncle Ben
02-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I just got off the phone with Gavin the Producer of the shoot. He is stating at this time he will give the location and time to meet in Walden on thursday. He seems to have a guy named Rod Pepper as his location finder and guide. Rod has a well built Bronco that he is towing to the site.
Gavin's thoughts on number of trucks is to try to not have more then 5-6 trucks involved beside Rod Pepper and My self. If there is more then so be it. They already are set up in Laramie for hotels and are not really interested in changing that. Bill Burke is the the Pro driver for the shoot. So that is the info at this time. Any how Gavin has given me his cell phone number for any questions that come up and I will have to call him on thursday to finalize the meeting place and time.
Have a great weekend.
later robbie

Robbie,
I find it very ironic that Pro-Jeep showboat Rod Pepper (remember Wild Oats from the magazines?) is helping on a Toyota shoot! Had a few encounter's in the past with Rod and the Roughriders. Nice guys one on one but put the Jeep only Roughriders together and get ready to roll up the sleeves especially if your vehicle of choice wasn't American marketed and made in Mexico....oops I meant Jeep (spanish J). You just made up my mind if I was going! :(

Have fun!

powderpig
02-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Never met the guy, but it could always be interesting. Gavin wants a toyota truck and person to pull out the FJ if it gets stuck. But if needed this truck is built for snow with 40inch tires and a whopping 400hp horse engine. Any how all is interesting and will be fun. Any one have a spare blower I could strap on the cruiser before the shoot, it could be fun to shoot rooster tails out the back. I do not think the daughters hair drier will put enough boost to do me any good. I am looking forward to meeting the people and enjoying the days up in Walden.
later robbie

Uncle Ben
02-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Never met the guy, but it could always be interesting. Gavin wants a toyota truck and person to pull out the FJ if it gets stuck. But if needed this truck is built for snow with 40inch tires and a whopping 400hp horse engine. Any how all is interesting and will be fun. Any one have a spare blower I could strap on the cruiser before the shoot, it could be fun to shoot rooster tails out the back. I do not think the daughters hair drier will put enough boost to do me any good. I am looking forward to meeting the people and enjoying the days up in Walden.
later robbie

Your welcome to swap Cruisers with me if ya want for the weekend. Just have to make up the 30+ pages of conditions first! ;) PS Of course one condition would be YOU will replace the headgasket if it blows under boost! :eek: :cheers:

nuclearlemon
02-03-2006, 08:03 PM
i plan on being there at least saturday, probably sunday.

PabloCruise
02-03-2006, 08:54 PM
O-k, I'll forego my previously planned PS install and head on up to Walden - "Y'all ain't from around here, are ya?"

Uncle Ben
02-04-2006, 12:46 AM
North Sand Hills 1-21-2006 (http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=54619) :eek:

treerootCO
02-04-2006, 01:47 AM
I would love to attend. If I take Friday off, I can stay at my cabin near Glen Echo. From there it is only a 57 mile drive. Robbie, if you can PM me the details as you post them, that would help me out. I sometimes miss the posts.

nuclearlemon
02-04-2006, 08:09 AM
:eek: dang wonder how quickly i can get the transfer case linkage done in the 40...60 may be too small for all that snow ;)

powderpig
02-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Mike, I will send you a PM when I post the info on the board.
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=54619
Uncle Ben beat me to the punch on posting the thread of the guys last weekend playing in one area of the 800 arces in the North Sand Hill srma. Look at some of the videos as well as the pictures. Looks like they had lots of fun playing in the snow. later robbie

Uncle Ben
02-04-2006, 09:07 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :p Mike, I will send you a PM when I post the info on the board.
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=54619
Uncle Ben beat me to the punch on posting the thread of the guys last weekend playing in one area of the 800 arces in the North Sand Hill srma. Look at some of the videos as well as the pictures. Looks like they had lots of fun playing in the snow. later robbie

Red_Chili
02-08-2006, 07:56 AM
So... is it up to us to make our own lodging arrangements, or will that screw things up? Are they covering lodging? If so, only in Laramie (I would guess)?

Still thinking Walden would be the place to be for the Chili at least.

treerootCO
02-08-2006, 08:23 AM
I wonder if it will end up being a cluster of vehicles? Even though Jeff mentioned they would pay for support, I highly doubt that offer still stands. That position was probably filled when Rod Pepper signed up. I imagine they want to keep it kinda quiet and that would explain holding back details until Thursday. Because the CO/WY Horsetooth thread on Mud and this thread on Rising Sun, the cat is already out. I am going to wait for the news from Robbie and go from there. I don't feel right showing up uninvited. We can always organize another run in the area and still have a great weekend of wheeling.

Rzeppa
02-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Robbie has been retained as the official coordinator of the support team. Any questions should go direct to him.

Uncle Ben
02-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I wonder if it will end up being a cluster of vehicles? Even though Jeff mentioned they would pay for support, I highly doubt that offer still stands. That position was probably filled when Rod Pepper signed up. I imagine they want to keep it kinda quiet and that would explain holding back details until Thursday. Because the CO/WY Horsetooth thread on Mud and this thread on Rising Sun, the cat is already out. I am going to wait for the news from Robbie and go from there. I don't feel right showing up uninvited. We can always organize another run in the area and still have a great weekend of wheeling.

I agree with you Root. This should not have been posted on MUD but it did. Robbie has been invited and actually it sounds like TLCA is invited but with so many showing I'm guessing the public will be asked to stay away from the shoot so the photographers can do their job. North Sand Hills rec area is pretty big so I'm sure folks can go play and hopefully not piss off those who are actually getting paid to do the job of support and photography. :wav:

powderpig
02-08-2006, 11:17 AM
I can contact Gavin on his cell phone if needed. As for Hotels and such I can ask. I have also been retained as the toyota support vechicle. They will be using me to pull out the FJ if needed. Rod is the guide and will be only used if I am not able to pull out the fj or any one else that is toyota.
They did invite anyone that is interested to hang out and look. Not everyone will be involved. As for food and Hotels I will get the low down later today after I contact Gavin. So If there are any more questions then post them up so I can ask. later robbie

FJBen
02-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Well I'll be helping anyway I can, Robbie, if you need a winch line hauler or anything, I'll be there to help. Let me know.

Ben

Seldom Seen
02-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Truck is at Burt today getting the Relay Rod Recall done. Swapped out the lower ball joints last night so things are looking good to go. I'll gladly offer my truck to haul any gear around. Will work for food :D .

Has anyone made plans or reservations for lodging yet ?

powderpig
02-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I called Jeff Nelson since he was the support guy and talked to him about the orginal posting. They will be providing some food at lunch which will be arranged tomorrow by talking to Gavin for all that comes. I will need a head count by tomorrow around 1pm so I can relay that. As to support in the way of hotel, I am sorry to say that will not happen. When they retained me as a support person that is what they were refering to supplying hotel and such or a couple of trucks. It ended up being only one truck. So if you chose to be there it will be on your dime. Any how any one will be welcomed and I really do not know how it will all go down, but there is lots of room if the shoot gets boring for any one that wants to play. Hope to see you all on saturday. I will also get the meet time from Gavin tomorrow. He is planing on meeting on the to the North Sand Hill srma on saturday morning early. Any specific questions post them up and I wll try to get then answered. We can see how to work others in to the picture when I have that conversation with Gavin. I have to sign a model release to allow them to use me and my truck in any ad. later robbie

Seldom Seen
02-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Sign me up! Fig'erd on paying anyway.

If'n we get a head count, maybe we could swing a group rate at a motel :confused:

Rzeppa
02-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I agree with you Root. This should not have been posted on MUD but it did. Mud is the "official" clubhouse for the horsetooth gang, which is why I posted there; they don't have their own board like we do here. Since Walden is closer to them anyway, and at first it didn't look like there would be much interest, I wanted to make sure they had a chance to become involved. In any case I worked with Jeff and made sure he was informed as to what was going on. I recommended Robbie for the support/coordinator job, and after he and Jeff were able to work things out direct, I simply stepped aside and let them coordinate without me in the middle.

If there's really going to be a large gang, it may be helpful for Robbie to appoint a "leader" for everyone else...what do you guys think?

wesintl
02-08-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm going skiing... :D

Besides by the time my bj get's me there the festivities would be over ;)

Have fun and take pleanty of pics

Red_Chili
02-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Hmmm... Sounds like too many are coming, rather than not enough. Nice problem to have. I guess I don't want to be a fifth wheel, and they have all their bases covered. Take me off the list then.

I look forward to the pix!

Uncle Ben
02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Mud is the "official" clubhouse for the horsetooth gang, which is why I posted there; they don't have their own board like we do here. Since Walden is closer to them anyway, and at first it didn't look like there would be much interest, I wanted to make sure they had a chance to become involved. In any case I worked with Jeff and made sure he was informed as to what was going on. I recommended Robbie for the support/coordinator job, and after he and Jeff were able to work things out direct, I simply stepped aside and let them coordinate without me in the middle.

If there's really going to be a large gang, it may be helpful for Robbie to appoint a "leader" for everyone else...what do you guys think?

Thats a great idea Jeff! :fing:

nuclearlemon
02-08-2006, 09:45 PM
i posted on the horsetooth thread also...i'll at least be there saturday.

PabloCruise
02-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Mud is the "official" clubhouse for the horsetooth gang, which is why I posted there; they don't have their own board like we do here. Since Walden is closer to them anyway, and at first it didn't look like there would be much interest, I wanted to make sure they had a chance to become involved. In any case I worked with Jeff and made sure he was informed as to what was going on. I recommended Robbie for the support/coordinator job, and after he and Jeff were able to work things out direct, I simply stepped aside and let them coordinate without me in the middle.

Definitely glad you did post on MUD for us Jeff - I don't get over here as often as I used to. See y'all Saturday! (W/ my manual steering!)

powderpig
02-09-2006, 09:57 PM
I talked breifly with Gavin today and he was to talk to one of his guys and determine a time. He was then going to call be and that has not happen. I will place a call to him in the morning and then post it up. He was thrilled today to find out that there might be ten trucks(yes I counted both hear and over on Mud). I will post a time and a place one both forums when I know for sure what Gavin wants to do. later robbie

powderpig
02-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Ok here is the info, 9:30-10am at Access: North of the town of Walden. Take Highway 125 North out of Walden. Shortly after the town of Cowdry, take CR6E Road East. Take CR 6E east 3 miles to Road #2509 which will take you into the Sand Hills.
We will meet just off HY 125 on CR 6E. The group will be leaving Laramie about 8:15 give or take a few minutes. We are staying at the Hampton Inn on Grand
st. My cell phone is 303-884-7813 if you need a contact on saturday morning. I usually have my CB on Channel 4(unless they have a different channel reccomendation). See you on saturday morning. later robbie

treerootCO
02-10-2006, 08:46 AM
I'll be there....looking forward to it. I'll be on CB channel 4 if anyone wants to caravan up the Poudre Canyon route.

FJBen
02-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Ok here is the info, 9:30-10am at Access: North of the town of Walden. Take Highway 125 North out of Walden. Shortly after the town of Cowdry, take CR6E Road East. Take CR 6E east 3 miles to Road #2509 which will take you into the Sand Hills.
We will meet just off HY 125 on CR 6E. The group will be leaving Laramie about 8:15 give or take a few minutes. We are staying at the Hampton Inn on Grand
st. My cell phone is 303-884-7813 if you need a contact on saturday morning. I usually have my CB on Channel 4(unless they have a different channel reccomendation). See you on saturday morning. later robbie

It will be just East of Cowdrey on the South side of the road, (only way you can turn, cattle guard, and a log cabin(ish) style house close to that entry.

Seldom Seen
02-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Anyone leaving from the Denver area want to caravan up together??

nuclearlemon
02-10-2006, 07:38 PM
i'll be leaving from commerce city.

mike...you planning on taking 14? that's sometimes nasty weatherwise, iirc. i was thinking of 40 to 125...the grand and jackson cty guys do an awesome job on keeping the road clean. when are you leaving?