PDA

View Full Version : Stock FJ40 seats

subzali
06-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I'm trying to blend the OEM FJ40 seats (no headrests) that I got from Motoloco with the OEM seatbelts I got from Hatfield. I think I figured out all the hardware for the seats, I know where/how I'm going to mount the retractor and the shoulder redirector (on the rollbar), but what is the stock mounting location/bolt size (M10? - 14mm head) for the second and third points of the "3 point" seat belt?

Also, on the front of the bracket that goes over the tranny hump, there are two threaded holes - what are these for? I'll try to take pictures when I get a chance, I didn't have my camera yesterday when I was working on this.

Jacket
06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm pretty sure my shoulder belts are original Toyota, so I can look at mine when I get home this afternoon (if no one else has this off info off the top of their head). My retractor bolt is 14mm, and it seems like the other outside lap mount is the same size bolt. Not sure about the tranny side.

nuclearlemon
06-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Also, on the front of the bracket that goes over the tranny hump, there are two threaded holes - what are these for? .

center console

subzali
06-16-2008, 09:47 AM
More than the sizes of the bolts, I'm curious where they mount to. Do they have their own holes/welded nuts in the tub, or do they mount to the seat bracket? Etc.

I'll have to look at the center console, not sure what that looks like even.

Jacket
06-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Both of mine bolt to the seat frame.

Outer
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/mralsto/FJ40/IMG_0554.jpg

Inner

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/mralsto/FJ40/IMG_0555.jpg

Rzeppa
06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
One other thing, the bolts/threads ARE NOT METRIC. They are SAE, I don't remember the size off the top of my head but they are different threads than everything else on your 40!

subzali
06-20-2008, 06:40 AM
I found that out too. Where the seat belts mount are 7/16-20 (fine thread). My buckle side is longer than yours Matt, so I had to find somewhere else to mount it. Should work. So Ige, you're saying that these holes are for a console?

subzali
06-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Another question about the rails - Mine have super-big holes in them where they are to mount to the brackets. The bolts are only M8, so I'm wondering what's up? For reference I took this pic - that's an M10 (with flat washer) that's fitting inside (with room to spare) the mounting hole in the seat rail.

teamextreme
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
So Ige, you're saying that these holes are for a console?

Ok, I'm not Ige, but yes, they are for a center console. Interesting info on the non-metric bolts. I just installed aftermarket seats in my 40 a couple of years ago and didn't notice that. I thought I re-mounted the stock seat belt components using the stock bolts, requiring tapping my new brackets, which I would have remembered if I found them to be non-metric. I'll have to check mine.