PDA

View Full Version : best place to get argon C02 mix?

74fj40
06-17-2008, 04:40 PM
need to do some welding and just curious where the best place to get argon co2 mix for the welder?

I ussuaally use Gas Air, but ive been told their prices are way to expensive.

Is there a place that is some what local that will fill it up for nto too expensive?

nuclearlemon
06-17-2008, 04:43 PM
i use either gass or buckeye. don't know what "too expensive" is...i'm no expert. gass has always given me great customer service, so price may be worth it. buckeye is close.

Red_Chili
06-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Dave Rios at General Air on S. Santa Fe has always taken very good care of me.

nuclearlemon
06-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Dave Rios at General Air on S. Santa Fe has always taken very good care of me.

next time you're down there, tell dave i said hey. we used to work together.

Beater
06-17-2008, 07:49 PM
general air is my favorite shop, locally owned operated - second is airgas a DISTANT third is airliquide or liquigas

SROR/AKA 2BAD
06-17-2008, 11:02 PM
high planes!!

went to air gas and they wanted to sell me a 8 hr bottle filled for almost $300. :eek:
seemed like the guy didn't want to deal with me (he was kinda pre-occupied with the nothing he was doing)

went to high planes, 8 hr bottle filled...$170.
i've refilled once since then, $35. maybe (give or take a couple bucks)

i can get copper wire .035 11lbs for just over $25.00

GREAT customer service.
Air Gas..........:lmao: never again

Beater
06-18-2008, 07:49 AM
these shops are all location dependent I think. I know that the downtown gen air is awesome, but the south stores not so much to me. The Airgas south store on platte is awesome, but the north store in commerce city is very big business focused, and doesn't like counter stuff, however, they are good if you want to order parts (seems to be a big part of their business)

jim's right though, its obvious a lot of counter guys/gals don't like walk ups. If you get an actual account, most places treat you better.

j

rover67
06-18-2008, 09:25 AM
I have been using General Air in Boulder for everything since I moved here.... On saturday mornings if I need something I run to the General Air on Zuni downtown. They have been great to me at both locations and prices are similar to what I have always paid for Gas and supplies. Have always just done the walk up thing at both locations.