PDA

View Full Version : Footman Loops

Jacket
06-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok - here's my dumb question of the day. Footman Loops (for a bikini top) are supposed to be installed at the rear corner of the tub. So I'm assuming this would be in the same spot (along the same strip of metal) where the hardtop sets and bolts to the tub? And then to my real question: does this mean the footman loops have to be removed from the body when you reinstall your hardtop? Or do install them somewhere more creative so that they don't interfere when you re-mount your hardtop.

:confused:

RicardoJM
06-18-2008, 08:55 PM
For my bikini top I have footman loops on the inside in the corners. The hard top goes on and off and does not seem to be impacted at all by the loops.

Rezarf
06-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Matt-

I remove mine every winter as they are mounted on the horizontal surface of the hard top rail.

Hope it helps... happy fathers day gift to you! :D

MDH33
06-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Factory soft top footman loops are mounted to the tub low enough to clear the hard top. If I were mounting them for a bikini, I would place them inside the corners on the rail facing forward as mentioned.

Jacket
06-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Makes sense - that's kinda what I was thinking.

Drew - thanks for the guidance for my wife. Best present I've received in years!!!

subzali
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Matt - I'll take a picture tonight of where I mounted mine. They are below the lip where the hardtop sits on the inside of the truck - I had to drill holes, but...you can always fill them in again if you have a welder :D

MDH33
06-19-2008, 11:19 AM
A lot of tubs have the captive nuts in the corners too. you might find a loop that will bolt in without too much trouble.

RicardoJM
06-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Here is what mine looks like on the passenger rear.
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/ricardojm/misc/w_footman.jpg

Jacket
06-19-2008, 10:32 PM
So what are those two bolts on the corner for? Mine has the threaded holes, but nothing's been in there for a while.

RicardoJM
06-20-2008, 05:55 AM
I believe I have a couple of the loops sitting in my old bolts jar, you are welcome to them. IIRC correctly they are white so they'll nicely accent with your green. You'll be looking :cool:

subzali
06-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Ricardo beat me to it. Basically the same thing.

MDH33
06-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Those two bolts/holes/captive nuts are what I was referring to. They are for one of the brackets that hold on the factory soft top bows. You should be able to find a footman loop the right size to bolt to those and not need to drill your tub. :thumb:

teamextreme
06-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I found a footman loop that fit the factory tapped holes on the rear corner as mentioned above. It did take a little hammering it "flat" to make it fit in the curved area, which widened the hole mounting dimensions making it fit perfect in two of the tapped holes.