PDA

View Full Version : Slaughterhouse - note from the Go4s President

Red_Chili
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
For those interested in Slaughterhouse Gulch:
1. Slaughter House Gultch Work Trip (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/go4s/message/1675;_ylc=X3oDMTJydnBkMnBlBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzE4MzM1MzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTEyNjE2NgRtc2dJZAMxNjc1BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEyMTM4NzQ3NzU-)

Posted by: "Ken Urban" mountainjeep@yahoo.com (mountainjeep@yahoo.com?Subject=%20Re%3ASlaughter%20House%20Gultch%20Work%20Trip) mountainjeep (http://profiles.yahoo.com/mountainjeep)

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:52 pm (PDT)

Go4's,

I have set a tentative date of June 29th with Scott from the Forest Service to do a combined Slaughter House scouting run to discuss the project and make sure we are on the same page. Rick and I will be going on this trip and Wendall has shown interest. If there is anyone else that would like to join us on this trip to gain a better understanding of what needs to be done, you are welcome to join us.

We also had a tentative date of July 18th ( I think this is supposed to be the 19th as the 18th is a Friday) set to actually do the work, but as you can imagine there is a ton of work to be done before the actual work day so we need to start getting organized. We will know more of what needs to be done after our scouting run as to what will actually need to happen. But here are some things to think about in the next week and a half as we will need to very quickly start finalizing things right after the scouting run.
1. We will have several groups of people working on various projects throughout the trail, so we need to identify point people for each group to help organize each group. This may sound militaristic but the suggestion of inviting other clubs to help us has been made and having a point person to organize everyone will make everything run smoother. So I am throwing this out there as something to think about.
2. We need to get the Bobcat reserved. I have a good lead on Bobcat equipment, so I can take this task, but if anyone has a good lead as well, let me know.
3. Decide who will pick up the Bobcat. The Bobcat will weigh in at around 7,000 - 8,000 lbs and my truck is not rated for this weight, so someone from the group will have to volunteer to pick up the Bobcat. If this is a problem, I can pick up the Bobcat, but I would need to borrow a truck and trailer that is up to the task from someone in the group.
4. Finding a lead on posts and cable. I will check with Scott from the Forest Service after he comes back from vacation to see where the Forest Service gets these types of materials and go from there.
5. Picking up, storing, and delivering the posts and cable. Someone will have to help with this task, let's see where we get the lead on these before we decide who will take this.
6. We will need to get a list of needed tools and who can furnish them for the weekend.
7. Purchasing, storing, and deliverion bags of concrete
8. We will be needing A LOT of water to make the concrete so we need to determin how we will be getting all of the water that will be needed. We will possibly need to rent a polyurithane tank of some sort, in whick case we will need a volunteer to pick this up, store, and deliver this.
I am proposing that we have a planning meeting for this work trip to finalize everything before we actually do the work. I propose that we set a date after the scout trip to discuss the work that will need to be done and also discuss if and where we will solicit for outside help. In the mean time, I will be following this email with a email inquiring who is planing on going on the scout trip and also the actual work trip. Again the tentative dates are as follows:

Scout Trip - Sunday 6/29
Work Trip - Saturday and possibly Sunday (do I hear camping????) - The weekend of July 19th

Reminder the July meeting has been postponed to July 11th.

Ken - Prez

RockRunner
06-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I would love to help but it will require benfing lifting and twisting................not so good for me. Maybe next year.