PDA

View Full Version : Brown's Canyon (Buena Vista)

subzali
06-20-2008, 04:00 PM
A note from BRC: I like this area so I thought I'd share:

BLUERIBBON COALITION
Dear BRC Action Alert Subscriber,
Attention Colorado recreationists!
I just wanted to bring to your attention an awesome op-ed by Carl Bauer, published in the June 13, 2008, issue of the Rocky Mountain News. Click Here (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jun/13/speakout-browns-canyon-hardly-a-wilderness/) to read his article titled "SPEAKOUT: Browns Canyon hardly a 'wilderness'." What a great read, way to go Carl.
Carl Bauer is a resident of Buena Vista, president of the High Rocky Riders OHV Club, director of the Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition and has 20 years' service in volunteer emergency response.
JUST REMEMBER, PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT IS CRUCIAL TO KEEP RECREATION AREAS OPEN, PLEASE GET INVOLVED!
Thanks in advance for your support,
Ric Foster
Public Lands Department Manager
BlueRibbon Coalition
208-237-1008 ext 10

MDH33
06-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Good letter. I especially like how clearly he makes this point:

"Why don't we all work together and make more opportunities for all users.

Most horsemen and backpackers are reasonable people and aren't comfortable with booting out those whose mobility is impaired. Most OHV users respect the land and other users. The reasonable folks on both sides are being drowned out by the not-so-open-minded and by the loudest and most obnoxious of riders."

Crash
07-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Red Chili has lamented here the lack of response from Forest Service personnel regarding the combined offer of the High Country Riders/Rising Sun to help maintain some trails in the Buena Vista area. For an idea of what is going on in that district take a look at the back page of the Sports section of today's 7/4 edition of the Rocky Mountain News. The language used in the article displays the usual us against them attitude with our side being the whiners, at least according to Ed Dentry, the writer of today's article. Reading the above mentioned article and comparing it to the one published today is very telling.