PDA

View Full Version : product endorsement - softopper

Beater
06-22-2008, 07:47 AM
THESE GUYS ROCK...

www.softopper.com

The top is not a load bearing topper like a can-back, put it drops to give access to the full bed in under 5 minutes. Boulder company, drove up and picked it up and had it install in under 2 hours, with 40 minutes drive time included.

The top is based on boat designs, and folds like a boat top. it's awesome.

All trucks made, as well as 4RUNNERS! (brand new design for runners)

He (Bob - co-owner) is will to give a Rising Sun discount.

http://softopper.com/gallery.html

RockRunner
06-22-2008, 10:06 AM
I saw their add, looks good though they did copy my design of the Kayline version with some of improvements. I like the rear Boot cover much better than wee had years ago.

I think they will have good success with the price point and as long as quality is is good they should sell some.

Jacket
09-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Bringing this back to the top.

I met Larry (co-owner) at the Softopper facility in Boulder today. Very cool guy - showed me around their operation. All work done on site: frame cutting/bending, window pressing, and sewing all local, and the finished products are shipped all over the country from here. Like Beater says: they've got tops for all Toyota pickups, and they also have a new top for 1st gen 4Runners.

And the kicker - I stopped by at the recommendation of Jerry from Boulder Toyota to look at a repair for my soft top. Unfortunately, I bought mine from their top competitor - Bestop. They didn't seem to care much, and offered to repair my top for $60 - which is about $340 less than the two other quotes I got.

Anyway - very cool guys. Check 'em out and refer your friends.

waggoner5
09-13-2008, 05:03 PM
I have one on my Taco and love it. Best bang for the buck.

cbmontgo
09-14-2008, 09:15 AM
I'd like a top on my GMC Sierra.

Is this thing water tight for the most part?

Beater
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
for all part...

cbmontgo
09-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I think I am going to buy one of these. I've been looking for a topper, but I don't like those heavy/giant shells.

cbmontgo
10-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Just bought this thing and plan to install it tomorrow. I'll post up later...

cbmontgo
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM
So I installed the Softopper last weekend, and this thing is super high quality. I am very impressed with the workmanship of the materials used. I'd highly recommend it.

AHorseThief
04-18-2012, 09:15 AM
So all you guys with Softoppers, are still happy with them 4 years later?

I'm looking at throwing one on my Ridgeline to make packing for camping/hunting easier.

Beater
04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
my first gen softtopper is now 4 years old. I can say that I have abused it. I have one broken clip for the roll ups.

Buy it.