PDA

View Full Version : 3800k from CO to MN

farnhamstj
06-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Took a little time away from CO this month. Drove from Vail to:Stagecoach,Steamboat, Granite Creek(near Jackson), Tetons, Yellowstone, Devils Tower, Black Hills, Jewel Cave, Mamoth Dig, Mt Rushmore, Wall Drug, Stillwater MN, Grand Marais MN. 23 days of driving around and checking stuff out. Weather was about as bad as it could be, rain, snow,wind, and mosquitos. The camper made it all enjoyable. Nothing puts a smile on my face like camping with a happy wife. She ran a MARATHON in Duluth before the 19 hour drive to get home. Cruiser treated me very well. Averaged 12mpg doing 70-75mph pulling 3,000 lb trailer. Did use 4l a couple times getting in and out of campsites but did no "actual wheeling." No vomit from either child. My boy had a birthday(4) so we rode rides at the Mall of America. The flume was about the closest we got. Ever meet Dora the Explorer in person? We have. Happy to leave Minnesota and the Mosquitos. Love my cruiser, and my family, even more than ever.:D

subzali
06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Nice!

farnhamstj
06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
pics

wesintl
06-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Looks like a great family trip! Devils tower is cool. I gotta get back to the black hills.

Jacket
06-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Very cool. Glad the whole family did well. I was looking at your pics when my wife walked in, and she remembered talking to your wife at CM this year outside the Bar M. She wanted me to relay her congrats to your wife for finishing the marathon! :cheers:

Corbet
06-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Sounds like a really fun trip. :cheers:

Man Jerk
06-24-2008, 03:56 PM
My Dad spent his whole weekend up on the north shore of lake superior. I love that area. We even spent our honeymoon on Gunflint lake which is on the Canadian border.

farnhamstj
06-24-2008, 11:05 PM
I've been camping on the north shore of Lake Superior for as long as I can remember. Usually Judge CR Magney state park at the Brule river. We used to innertube through the rapids.

Man Jerk
06-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I've spent quite a bit of time in George Crosby Manitou state park which is just north of tettegouche state park.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/george_crosby_manitou/index.html

Great area. Pretty much the only thing I miss about Minnesota. I never did get a chance to do the Boundary waters either.

MDH33
06-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Kim is from Minneapolis and her younger sister lives up in Grand Marais. We try to get up there at least once a year to visit, camp and enjoy Lake Superior.

Looks like you had a great trip!

Hulk
06-25-2008, 12:11 PM
My wife ran the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego at the beginning of June. Nakman's wife is a runner too.