PDA

View Full Version : Rush at Red Rocks

Bighead
06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Anybody else going to the Rush concert tonight or is everyone still recovering from Rubithon?

Hulk
08-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Anyone go last night? I'm going Wednesday night with a friend from work who is a die-hard Rush fan. He was in the 2nd row last night! Tomorrow night we'll be in the 18th row (I think).

Cheeseman
08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
I gotta tell you guys this. Most of you know that I recently was gone for two weeks plus on our BSA National Jamboree trip out east. The first two nights of our pretour were spent staying on the Battleship USS New Jersey which is moored on the Jersey side of Philadelphia. On the second night after dinner there was music coming from behind the big hill that we could see from the deck of the ship. All of a sudden we figured who was playing. It was Rush. There first song played was the one that you mostly hear on the radio. So although we couldn't see the stage at all it was pretty cool listening to there music while lazing around the deck of the New Jersey looking at Philly from across the Delaware river.
________
Suzuki Escudo Specifications (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_Escudo)

Bighead
08-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Anyone go last night? I'm going Wednesday night with a friend from work who is a die-hard Rush fan. He was in the 2nd row last night! Tomorrow night we'll be in the 18th row (I think).

I just rolled in from seeing them last night...great show! They had a great mix of songs weighted towards the older stuff. Hearing Moving Pictures live and in sequence was awesome.

It was cool to hear Geddy Lee call Red Rocks "the most beautiful venue in North America".

I need to find a "Rash" t-shirt...you'll find out tomorrow what I mean. ;)

Uncle Ben
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Ohhhhh tease me! I wanted to go so bad. The last tour (Snakes and Arrows) I busted my tail to get kick butt seats and scored! I had hoped my fellow Rush finatic friend would reciprocate but no such luck.... :bawl:

Moving Pictures is one of my favorite two albums....2112 being equally loved. Please share all details.... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Hulk
08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Moving Pictures is one of my favorite two albums....2112 being equally loved.

Those are great albums. I'm a big fan of Permanent Waves, too. Also A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres. I stopped listening much after Grace Under Pressure.

I saw a special on DIRECTV recently from the Snakes & Arrows tour -- looks like that album is a return to the classic Rush sound. I need to pick that one up.

JadeRunner
08-17-2010, 05:44 PM
My friend and I saw the first show last night. 26th row. It was killer. The first half they played many of the songs they normally didn't play out from the last 10 years. IMO they were just "ok" songs. It's no wonder they didn't play them. My friend and I agreed they were the songs we pushed FF on as we listened to the newer albums. But, don't get me wrong - many were great that had never been played live.

The second set was when it really got good. Moving Pictures from beginning to end. Many new cool video sequences. And Neil doing a new elaborate drum piece with a video production at the end. Awesome show! His copper hardware set and the time machine stage production was cool also.

In case you didn't catch this on cable TV recently. I highly suggest ordering their new documentary. This was very special for Rush fans. The extras on the 2nd DVD was really cool too.
http://www.amazon.com/Rush-Beyond-Lighted-Stage-DVD/dp/B003J27WFW

Uncle Ben
08-17-2010, 06:02 PM
My friend and I saw the first show last night. 26th row. It was killer. The first half they played many of the songs they normally didn't play out from the last 10 years. IMO they were just "ok" songs. It's no wonder they didn't play them. My friend and I agreed they were the songs we pushed FF on as we listened to the newer albums. But, don't get me wrong - many were great that had never been played live.

The second set was when it really got good. Moving Pictures from beginning to end. Many new cool video sequences. And Neil doing a new elaborate drum piece with a video production at the end. Awesome show! His copper hardware set and the time machine stage production was cool also.

In case you didn't catch this on cable TV recently. I highly suggest ordering their new documentary. This was very special for Rush fans. The extras on the 2nd DVD was really cool too.

Great tip Scott! Just ordered it. Anyone up for a pool, darts, ping pong and Rush night soon?

Hulk
08-17-2010, 06:24 PM

Just ordered it on Blu-Ray! Missed it in the theaters.

Edit: Uncle Ben beat me to it!

J Kimmel
08-18-2010, 08:38 AM
I saw them Monday night, first time I have seen them live. Incredible how tight they are, great music, and they just played...for almost three hours. I was blown away by how good it was :D