PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a Fuel Tank

Shark Bait
06-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Anyone know where I could get my FJ40 fuel tank cleaned out? I know some places won't boil them anymore. CCOT sells a steel replica for $207. Probably worth it. :)

MDH33
06-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Anyone know where I could get my FJ40 fuel tank cleaned out? I know some places won't boil them anymore. CCOT sells a steel replica for $207. Probably worth it. :)

That new steel tank seems like a pretty good deal actually. Other wise, you could always use a POR 15 tank refeurb kit. I've used them a few times on old motorcycle tanks. It's basically a cleaner/acid/etching/coating system. Works really well and lasts.

Rzeppa
06-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Over the years, Kittredge Auto Radiator has been good to me. I recently had a radiator recored, but discovered that they had moved from Colfax and Rooney Road to around 1st and Garrison in Lakewood. Like most radiator shops, they do gas tanks too. I think they are called Jeffco Auto or some such now, but most of the same staff and equipment remains. Good knowledgeable folks who know Land Cruisers.

Shark Bait
06-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check in to both of these, too.

beatdown83fj60
06-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I tried to stop by Kittredge radiator the other day right next to Suzies (biker bar) and the newer shop in that building told me they had moved. I'd look up a number before you try to hunt them down because from what the guy told me they moved a pretty good distance (atleast for my cheap gas saving butt). $207 sounds like a great deal for a new gas tank if you ask me. I'm sure MAF sells an extended range tank for a grand lol.

timmbuck2
06-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Let me know what you find out Chris, I need to get mine done ASAP. Thanks.

T

Shark Bait
06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
You know, I just went ahead and bought one from CCOT.