PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPS V+

Seldom Seen
06-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Venerable Garmin GPS V+ with serial cable, cig lighter power cable, hard wire data I&O/Power cable. RAM Mount cradle and mounting hard wear.

$75

Beater
06-26-2008, 07:43 AM
dude - I could so use that data cable. I have a gpsIII that I still use. (i carry real maps)

Let me know if you don't get any takers
j

Rzeppa
06-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Dan,

I'm interested. What exactly is that data cable that John is interested in? Looks like RS232?

Chris
06-26-2008, 06:34 PM
IF Jeff passes I'm interested too.

Seldom Seen
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
timmbuck2 is 1st in line (PM'd me)
Rzeppa 2nd
Front Range 4x4 3rd

Beater, I'll get you squared away with a cable.

What exactly is that data cable that John is interested in? Looks like RS232?

There are 2 data cables. Yes 1 is a RS232 that can be plugged into your PC or to a RS232/USB adapter. The adapters from Garmin are a sure bet but expensive. Belkin adapters are known to work w/o problems and a lot cheaper. Other adapters will only cause head aches.

the other cable is a "bare wire" cable. It has a Garmin R connector on one end. It can be used to hard wire to a 12v source in your rig or it can be used to connect the gps to a Palm, PPC, or phone (using what ever adapters you need) and display your position on maps stored in your hand held devise. If you have a PPC you can get software called "G7 to Win" IIRC that allows you to load routes in waypoints into the GPS from your hand held.