PDA

View Full Version : FIRESTIK II cb antenna WTB

IVANII
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Hello,

This is not quite a Ham radio question-but I am curious if there is anywhere in the Denver area that I can purchase a FirestickII 4ft in black- I just broke mine. I have tried the truck stop on 70 and ward numerous 4x4 shops radio shack and a couple other radio places. No one carries this thing. All I can find is the original firestik.

Am I forced to buy this online?

Thanks I appreciate the help!

Beater
06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I have a couple of antennas to spare. However, none are firesticks. I do have the high-end adjustable style in white and black respectively. Both are tune-able

j

Bruce Miller
06-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Try the CB Shop and More at the north end of Johnson's Corner truckstop on Interstate 25, 970-663-7617. I think Johnson's Corner is exit 253 on I-25. They have (or had, the last time I was there ) a huge CB shop. Give them a call.

Seldom Seen
06-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Why not try the Radio Shack ALL Terrain Whip (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102661&cp=2032052.2032075.2032078.2032098&parentPage=family), easier to find, cheaper, a lot tougher and will out perform any sh!& on a stick,,,, er,,, I mean Fire Stick

IVANII
06-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Why not try the Radio Shack ALL Terrain Whip (http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102661&cp=2032052.2032075.2032078.2032098&parentPage=family), easier to find, cheaper, a lot tougher and will out perform any sh!& on a stick,,,, er,,, I mean Fire Stick

Thanks, but A) not cheaper.. B) longer than I want...and thanks but you don't need to knock what I am after-please find another thread if you want to be that guy.:cool::blah:
I have ran a firestick on my old 40 and again on my new one and it does just fine for my purposes....

Seldom Seen
06-30-2008, 07:47 PM
I've ordered many antennas online and when you hit the 4' mark you are going to pay additional shipping charges. your going to pay $25 or more over the counter PLUS the gas trying to find what your looking for.

Not trying to diss ya, but if you ask a ham a ? expect a ham answer. Outside of Ham Stick Antennas (which is a completely different animal and has marginal performance at best) you'll be wont be able to find an antenna made of fiberglass with wire wrapped around it for ham use.

Ever seen a State Patrol car with a fiberglass antenna for low band state wide comms? Ever wonder why?

If length is a problem, look at a Larson NMO27 avalible at HRO on Iliff.

IVANII
06-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Fair enough...I simply asked where to find these though-nothing else.

15.99 online 4' FsII. My biggest deal is that the metal style antennas beat the crap out of paint...the firestiks I have ran are way easier on my paint job with the coating they have and are way stiffer so they don't spring everywhere- the reason I posted to ask is that I prefer to support the local guys before resorting to online...

I'm not looking for a ham antenna-I'm looking for a Cb antenna and I don't require state wide usage...line of site with my wheeling crew is more than adequate for my usage. If it's good enough for truckers and for 95% of the rigs I see on the trail and streets it's good enough for my use. I will be the first to recognize I am no expert in the radio world- I just wanted to know if I could purchase the darned thing locally as I have in the past.:beer:

corsair23
06-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I've got 2 in my garage I'd sell you :)

One is black, the other is red, white, and blue. Both are used but seem to be in good shape. I don't know anywhere local that sells them but I haven't really looked so I can't help you there.

IVANII
07-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I've got 2 in my garage I'd sell you :)

One is black, the other is red, white, and blue. Both are used but seem to be in good shape. I don't know anywhere local that sells them but I haven't really looked so I can't help you there.

Oh Man! Thanks alot Corsair- I just picked one up though. I would have definitely taken one of yours off your hands. Thanks for all the help!

corsair23
07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Oh Man! Thanks alot Corsair- I just picked one up though. I would have definitely taken one of yours off your hands. Thanks for all the help!

No worries!

If you ever need a spare or break another one let me know :thumb:

Tch2fly
07-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Glad you found your antenna Nate. :cheers:

:homer:dooh
remember when I said I saw something on the forum about a Firestick ...it was this thread :lmao::lmao: I had no idea you went by IVANII on these boards:o