PDA

View Full Version : Cushman Snowcats for sale!

PatrolMan
07-05-2008, 01:20 PM
1971 Cushman Trackster Snowcat/ATV. Since they have rubber tracks, these were intended to be driven on hard or soft surfaces. Concrete, grass, dirt, mud, snow, etc. Can even be fitted with a float ring to be amphibious. Have a "0" turn radius, so it can spin circles in 1 spot. Has forward, reverse, stop, and an e-brake. Seats for 2 up front with room for 2 more in back. Cargo capacity of 800 pounds (including riders) and about 1,000 pound trailer/sled capacity.

Here are some links to videos of same models.
YouTube - Trackster - Winter fun
YouTube - Cushman Trackster
YouTube - Cushman Trackster

Is 2 stroke 2 cylinder. Has upgraded ignition system with MSD box and new coils, newer fuel system. Has electric starter and backup pull rope start. All lights work. Factory seat with original upholstery in good shape. Fiberglass body has some cracking around the edges. This is apparently pretty typical and a small company was making aluminum diamond plate "covers" to protect this area. Original rubber tracks have very minimal dry rot cracking. They are still in good enough shape that they should last for quite some time. Runs and drives good. Will definately need paint when cracking fiberglass is fixed. Equipped with front and rear "bumpers", rear hitch, front tow points, and front skid plating.

Machine could be fitted with an optional hardtop/doors. Some people have also made soft tops and doors from modified CJ tops. Also easy to adapt a small winch to the front of the machine. Selling for $3500. Can deliver if needed.

nakman
07-07-2008, 09:47 AM
damn you P-Man.. man those look fun.

ok so what kind of plow attachments are available? Do you have any, or would I just need to get something fabbed? :weld:

PatrolMan
07-07-2008, 10:17 AM
They are fun to cruise around in. There were all sorts of factory options, including a hardtop, plow, float ring, etc. I don't have the options to go with these and they are pretty rare.

I do have a plow that is approx 6.5' long I think. It is a lightweight steel plow and one of these machines could easily handle it. An adapter would have to be made for the Cushman, but it is a fairly simple setup. Plow could easily be negotiated into the deal.

nakman
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Sorry, guess I'm not interested. direct quote from the :Princess:..

No, hell no, no, don't even think about it, again no.

You'd have fun with it but no.

:lmao:

corsair23
07-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Tim,

I'm thinking our wives may be related....distant cousins perhaps :lol:

wesintl
07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
ya don't ask. That's the kinda shiat you just come home with. :hill:

BTW.. how's the repeater coming along :confused:

Uncle Ben
07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Tim,

I'm thinking our wives may be related....distant cousins perhaps :lol:

Hmmmm....maybe triplet wives? :rolleyes: :( :Princess::Princess::Princess:

PatrolMan
07-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I take the bring it home and don't mention it approach. It works for a while, but can't keep it all. Gotta keep the :Princess: happy and get rid of something if I bring another toy home!

PatrolMan
07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Wife would like to see it gone. Less than 90 days to October! Think snow!

PatrolMan
09-17-2008, 07:45 PM
New plugs and fresh fuel added today. Ready to go! New pics added as well.

chtucker
09-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Whomever buys it... put on a roll bar at the very least...They have a tendency to go over forward..

They are fun, but they did put Cushman out of business...

It is one of the nicer ones that I have seen..

PatrolMan
09-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Whomever buys it... put on a roll bar at the very least...They have a tendency to go over forward..

Couldn't agree more. They definately like to lean forward. Nature of the beast. The basic concept is now being built by another company. Their machines are almost identical in all respects to the Cushman machines, just a LOT more $.
http://www.terratrack.com/
Clearly, safety was a large consideration in the newer machines with a cage and high-back seats with headrests.