PDA

View Full Version : OEM brake pads for 80

timmbuck2
02-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Anyone have any 80 series OEM front brake pads lying around? I will replace them, but CDan will take a few days to get here, and I need to replace them this weekend, they sound pretty bad right now. Anyone know if the one's Pep Boys carry are actual OEM? They tell me they are, and they are the cheapest(?) they have for an 80 at around $55...thanks.

T

:beer:

Uncle Ben
02-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Anyone have any 80 series OEM front brake pads lying around? I will replace them, but CDan will take a few days to get here, and I need to replace them this weekend, they sound pretty bad right now. Anyone know if the one's Pep Boys carry are actual OEM? They tell me they are, and they are the cheapest(?) they have for an 80 at around $55...thanks.

T

:beer:

I tossed my old ones whan I put on the drilled and slotted rotors. A good upgrade is to use 100 series front pads on the 80. They have a tad bit more surface area and slip right in. Pep boys would not be OEM, Toyota does not farm out parts to anyone! BTW, I would be willing to bet you would get them today from Stevinson, Burt or Boulder Toyota and with your club discount and no shipiing it would be cheaper than what CDan will charge you. Plus they are direct Rising Sun supporting dealerships!

timmbuck2
02-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Thanks!! I owe you a :beer: or 3. Grabbed the last set at Stevinson today, and almost forgot to mention the discount. Damn good discount!! Any tips on replacing pads on an 80? I keep putting off buying the FSM. What chapters should I download tonight??

Thanks again!!

T :beer:

I tossed my old ones whan I put on the drilled and slotted rotors. A good upgrade is to use 100 series front pads on the 80. They have a tad bit more surface area and slip right in. Pep boys would not be OEM, Toyota does not farm out parts to anyone! BTW, I would be willing to bet you would get them today from Stevinson, Burt or Boulder Toyota and with your club discount and no shipiing it would be cheaper than what CDan will charge you. Plus they are direct Rising Sun supporting dealerships!

Hulk
02-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I tossed my old ones whan I put on the drilled and slotted rotors. A good upgrade is to use 100 series front pads on the 80. They have a tad bit more surface area and slip right in.

Drilled and slotted rotors? Pretty cool. Are these 80 rotors that you modified, or 100 rotors, or other...?

Uncle Ben
02-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Drilled and slotted rotors? Pretty cool. Are these 80 rotors that you modified, or 100 rotors, or other...?

Australian made DBA's. Hit a killer sale at Man-A-Fre before Christmas. :)