PDA

View Full Version : Camping Near Slaughterhouse

daughterofromer
07-08-2008, 01:33 PM
After the blow off work run tomorrow I wanted to go camping (while I still have the time off work!)

Does anyone know of a good camping spot near Slaughterhouse? Maybe an area with some good hiking as well for the day on Thursday?

corsair23
07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
No responses yet??

Rachel, it has been a long time but we use to camp along the South Platte river near Deckers all the time back in High School. That isn't that far from Slaughterhouse although I'm not sure what the camping is like there anymore. Back in the day we used to go to a "Hidden Spot" by Cheeseman Reservoir. We called it the hidden spot because it required 4wd to get to and unless you knew where the trail was, you didn't stand a chance to find it. It was a great spot with a little creek running through the area and great camping. Alas, on an Earth Day long ago they put up barriers making it impossible to get in there anymore.

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
07-08-2008, 10:38 PM
There are a few spots along the Slaughter House trail, there may be quite a bit of traffic through there. You could also go a little further down 285 just past Grant and camp along the trail to Red Cone/Webster Pass, might be better hiking there.

Nick F.
07-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I believe there are a couple places you can camp in and near harris park. Real close to slaughterhouse.

Hulk
07-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Once you return to the main road, you can head down to the end and there are some camp sites there, IIRC. We used to go hiking there, a decade ago.

daughterofromer
07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Cool, thanks everyone I am looking more into all of those now!