PDA

View Full Version : DO not buy these engines!!!!!

Fanci Face
07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
IN MY OPINION Buyer be ware!!!! I have bought a engine from this guy and it uses
oil!!! The name of this place is APR and it is in Colorado Springs, CO.
www.toyotatruckpart.com . These engines are blue and you canít miss them. I also have
herd of a lot of cams going bad just after 200 miles. This guy runs out of one office,
engine sales / low cost divorce / mortgage / and section 8 housing .Holly cow when does
he have time to build engines??? I think he gets people off the street to build the engines
due to the way this one was built. If you donít believe me check out the front window on
google street view it says LOW COST DIVORCE. Check him out on the BBB he has a bad things
on there. He keeps changing his name just so the BBB cant keep up with the bad engines.
Here is the kicker he has a banner on Yoda Tech forum. DO NOT BUY THEM. His customer service
sucks they donít return phone calls and always want money for warranty stuff. If I wanted
to have this engine warranty I had to pay for shipping back to him WTF IT WAS HIS
REBUILT ENGINE !!! Save your money I see other great deals on craigs list all the time.
There is a guy in Golden I saw on this forum that does good work and everyone
likes. He also has a better deal than this CLOWN. Thanks for reading my opinion.
www.toyotatruckpart.com Watch OUT!!!!!!

nuclearlemon
07-10-2008, 07:39 AM
thanks for the warning, but who are you and why should we trust you?

Fanci Face
07-10-2008, 07:49 AM
I am a mad cusomer and want to reach everone I can. I heard about this forum from a guy at my bar. I was talking and almost crying about all the money my boy friend and I spent just to have a summer rig and now I have a paper wait. I was worried from the get go when we went down there to get the engine. They didnt even have the engin ready for us. We called 2 days befor and told them we were going to be there. Its like they slaped it together while we waited. It took almost 2 hrs to get it. They couldn't find my paper work and kept asking "when did you call??????"

Uncle Ben
07-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Thank you for your warning but I have to share Ige's concerns. We do not know you and as a large Toyota club and a popular forum I have to say that unless others post up and support your grievance, RS and it's members do not endorse your opinion. We encourage folks to share their experience as it benefits us all but a hate post like this from only one non RS member and a person using an anonymous name seems like shaky ground, in my opinion.
Anybody else have any experience with this vendor? :confused:

Fanci Face
07-10-2008, 09:20 AM
I totaly understand. I just wanted to get the word out there. After looking threw your forum I found other people talking about the same problem. One guy also went down to Co Springs but I dont know if he went to the same place I did. He did not say if he had any problems but in the thread, but some one else had a prob. I think I found in a thread ( oil consumption ) not sure. Does any one know who can help me. I have it back to just the block. My boy friend thinks it is the rings if that makes any sence. He does not have any more time to work on it and I WANT MY TRUCK.

PabloCruise
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I am just wondering why you bought an engine from someone who had Low Cost Divroce storefront?

wesintl
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
I am just wondering why you bought an engine from someone who had Low Cost Divroce storefront?

a bad engine may require a low cost divorce.

Evrgrnmtnman
07-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Maybe Jesse from ATLR can give us some enlightenment since he has dealt with this guy many times. From what I personally know, if the cam has gone flat or in my case needed another head, he was more than willing to give you another new one to fix the problem. I can say that my engine is now running really good after 4,500 miles and so far I am happy.
That's my two cents.

ATLR
07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I have used his engines for a while. I have installed about 37 of them in the last 2 years. I have had my problems but he takes care of me when things do happen. I dont think I will be getting any more from him due to other reasons at this time. But I can't say Great things or Bad things about him at this time either. I have found a nother place in CA that now sells me great engines at a affordable price. I haven't had any problems with him but time will only tell. It's just hard to find a good builder when you need 2 engines a month or more.

isotel
07-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Yea this guy is pretty Sketchy, but parts are cheep, and you get what you pay for. What do you expect for a $400 Brand new Head with Cam.. Its not OEM Quality, thats for sure!

I Put a Head on my brothers 4runner from him, i don't think i torqued the head properly and it blew the Gasket (non-OEM)..

ManJerk (Mark) Put in a Short Block from this guy, and his runner has been doing good for about 6 months now!

Man Jerk
07-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I have no complaints about my short block.

Who installed the motor?

If you installed if yourself, are you expecting him to pull the motor to do the warranty work? If you installed it yourself it is your responsibility to pull the motor.

isotel
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
i think the guy is also a parole officer ;)

diversification bro, you don't want to have you eggs in one basket!