PDA

View Full Version : NPR on Saturdays

bh4rnnr
07-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Anybody else enjoy NPR on Saturdays? With the last two projects(will be at the Ghost Town Run:cool:), i've been spending a lot of time at work on Saturday. Aside from my daily fixin of news, i've become addicted to Car Talk (http://www.cartalk.com/)and Wait Wait Dont Tell Me (http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=35)shows from NPR.

Wait wait has had some good guest on recently.

So anybody else a fan?

:beer::beer:

CardinalFJ60
07-12-2008, 06:14 PM
But I podcast them and listen on the bus to the big city. I'm currently about 4 weeks behind. I love Car Talk! Did you know they just produced an animated show based on that for PBS? I saw it...kinda blows. I such high hopes for a funny version on that...not sure they are cut out to be voiceover actors...

Turtle60
07-12-2008, 06:32 PM
We go fishing up by Foxpark Wyoming about every other weekend and listen to it religiously on NPR out of Laramie. It's great! LAst weekend was a collection of several past shows with the guy who does the voice of Elmo. It was hilarious!

bh4rnnr
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Glad others are enjoying it!:cool:

Suggestions on downloading past shows? I'm able to get the current, but not past.... When I try to download the past, It just brings me to the most current.

I realy enjoyed that Elmo show!

AxleIke
07-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Cartalk is the best show ever.

Wait wait don't tell me always has me on the floor.

As with Cardinal, I podcast. Just don't get good reception here.

DaveInDenver
07-13-2008, 03:29 PM
It's funny you mention this, all spring being cooped up in the garage prepping for Rubithon I had 1390 on. That and 1190 are about the only two radio stations I listen to, but my radio in the garage is POS and can't pick up 1190. They moved the NPR station to FM and since then I have not listened, my radio doesn't do FM (not by choice, it's old, been dropped a few times and there's just not enough good parts left to fix in the tuner).

bh4rnnr
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM
For you guys that podcast, how far back do your shows go?

Any chance I could get some past shows on a cd for a price?:beer::beer:?

Been messing around with this podcast but cant seem to figure it out......

Already wearing out the one show I was able to get downloaded onto the Ipod

Hulk
07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
It's funny you mention this, all spring being cooped up in the garage prepping for Rubithon I had 1390 on. That and 1190 are about the only two radio stations I listen to, but my radio in the garage is POS and can't pick up 1190. They moved the NPR station to FM and since then I have not listened, my radio doesn't do FM (not by choice, it's old, been dropped a few times and there's just not enough good parts left to fix in the tuner).

It's still on AM 1340, even though they are now broadcasting on FM. Not sure how long that will last, but it was still being broadcast this evening.

Jenny Cruiser
07-15-2008, 03:38 AM
There's a lot of good stuff on NPR on Sat/Sun. :)

DaveInDenver
07-15-2008, 05:33 AM
For you guys that podcast, how far back do your shows go?

Any chance I could get some past shows on a cd for a price?:beer::beer:?

Been messing around with this podcast but cant seem to figure it out......

Already wearing out the one show I was able to get downloaded onto the Ipod
I've still got 'This American Life' back to December of 2006, 'Wait, Wait' back to Feb of 2007 and 'Car Talk' back to September 2007. I can burn them to discs, it's something like 6GB of podcasts.