PDA

View Full Version : what was I thinking!??!

timmbuck2
02-05-2006, 08:00 PM
so I grabbed the front brake pads from Stevinson, and today decided to replace them about 2 hours before 25 people show up for the super bowl. (DS had metal on metal sounds, not good)
DS went fine. (ok, I forgot the shims, but I will be replacing the rotors and putting in 100 series pads when I re-do the birfs this spring.) First PS went fine, then I moved 1 piston back and the other went forward to the rotor. I was able to get the piston back about 1/8 inch, but cannot get it any farther. I read all the stuff on Mud, and it sounds like I have the piston a little crooked. After the game I plan on trying to pry on the back side of the piston, but I am pretty new at the LC stuff. I am used to 25 year old Mustangs. :) Any ideas, or can anyone drop by tomorrow afternoon for a :beer: or 3?? Thanks. I will probably now also rebuild the calipers when I replace the rotors....

T :hill:

timmbuck2
02-05-2006, 08:57 PM
oh, and also.....had to go to the emergency room last night for my foot...I tipped over a workbench in the garage with 2 large socket sets on it....the baby was screaming the whole first half....and the garbage disposal backed up into the guest bathroom bathtub....other than that, it has been a great weekend. :eek:

timmbuck2
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
fixed. tapped the brakes to get the piston loose, then used a piece of steel from some "disk brake repair kit" to open the pistons at the same time. added a little fluid, ran up and down my street to seat the pads, and everything feels pretty good. did I miss anything? now I get to deal with the plumbing in the morning. :(

Rezarf
02-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Tim-

Sounds good to me. Just keep an eye on your fluid... and if she's stopping, I can't think of anything you may have missed.

Sorry to hear about your weekend :eek: I hope things can get turned around for you.

Ahh, the days of renting and calling someone and telling them something is jacked up!

:beer:

Drew