PDA

View Full Version : Our welcoming committee to Durango and our MPG

Dora
07-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Well I am sure most of you want to know our MPG to Durango. It's official, the numbers are in, and believe it or not we got 13 MPG! I was shocked too considering his average speed was 60-65.
We also had a great welcoming committee too at 11:00p.m. Since we drove 2 cars, I grabbed some of my stuff from my car and went inside to drop it off, I left my car door open since I would be right back out. Corbet came out in the mean time and said "what's in your car?....OMG it's a :eek:"
I didn't finish my fries from dinner and the bear climbed into the drivers side to get to my fries! All was safe and no damage to my car and a very good lessoned was learned! Also, I want to thank JT for coming over late at night and helping us move our stuff. Thanks!
Oh, and one more thing, when you see Corbet on here ask him how to get to Las Vegas from Durango. He ended up in California yesterday because he got lost! An 8 hour trip ended up being 12 hours.

bh4rnnr
07-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Well I am sure most of you want to know our MPG to Durango. It's official, the numbers are in, and believe it or not we got 13 MPG! I was shocked too considering his average speed was 60-65.
We also had a great welcoming committee too at 11:00p.m. Since we drove 2 cars, I grabbed some of my stuff from my car and went inside to drop it off, I left my car door open since I would be right back out. Corbet came out in the mean time and said "what's in your car?....OMG it's a :eek:"
I didn't finish my fries from dinner and the bear climbed into the drivers side to get to my fries! All was safe and no damage to my car and a very good lessoned was learned! Also, I want to thank JT for coming over late at night and helping us move our stuff. Thanks!
Oh, and one more thing, when you see Corbet on here ask him how to get to Las Vegas from Durango. He ended up in California yesterday because he got lost! An 8 hour trip ended up being 12 hours.

Guess I dont need to add "Have fun in Durango":eek::hill:

Glad you guys got there ok. Going slow pays off, even if others dont think so(Moab to Denver on one tank of gas in the X-Terra)

Hopefully the Bear was as shocked as you were and ran away. \

Enjoy Durango! A great town, and like almost every other Colorado mountain town, has a good brewery.

:beer::beer:

rover67
07-14-2008, 09:35 PM
can mead and I come visit?? :)

corsair23
07-15-2008, 12:35 AM

:lmao: - Typical male...can't ask for directions :D

Congrats on getting some of the stuff down there and remember, don't feed the wild life :eek:

Trapper50cal
07-15-2008, 12:49 AM
You got it! It was nice to meet you guys and the hound dogs too, no wonder Porter was wanting out and about, he smelled the Black Bear!

Sorry I didn't stay to help unload everything, figured you guys wanted some personal time first night in the sweet new house!

Red_Chili
07-15-2008, 07:26 AM
That wasn't a bear.

It was a local college student.

Trapper50cal
07-15-2008, 10:32 AM
No, the local trust-a-farians smell worse than bears. And they drive $40k sport-utes with conga drums in the back. Their mating call is WideSpreadPanic bootlegs.