PDA

View Full Version : 1998 4 Runner, limited, supercharged

FJBen
07-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Posting for some friends

FOR SALE: 1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited– TRD Supercharged - 4x4
• TRD SUPERCHARGER - Jardine Exhaust system - K&N Intake system - 300 HP
• Limited w/ Leather Seats, Power Moon Roof, Keyless Entry, A/C, Cruise control Power everything, Towing Receiver, Automatic
• Aftermarket Grill Guard w/ KC Lights – Oversized Wheels & Tires
• Excellent Condition – Runs & Looks Great!!!
• All Weather Floor Mats – Toyota floor mats and interior carpet like new
• 8 Speaker CD, Cassette Stereo w/ JBL Amp & MTX Subwoofer
• Stock Toyota Running Boards Included –
Must see it to truly appreciate. Truck is in better shape than many 3-year-old vehicles. Everything works great! (With the exception of the in-dash clock) This Toyota has been meticulously maintained and cared for. You wont find a cleaner ’98 anywhere. No rips in the leather and no dents in the exterior. The pictures don’t do it justice. Contact me for additional larger resolution pictures! 149,500 miles

Synthetic oil used on every oil change after 15,000 miles. Changed every 3,000 miles every time. All fluids fully flushed and replaced at 100,000 mile

Asking $12,000 – Brian or Dawn – 970-371-5708

Squishy!
07-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Two things,

First, I've been trying to sell my 1999 Supercharged SR5 4Runner for 9,300 and have had four different lowballers call on it, no real takers... :( I know the pain.

Second, would they be willing to swap their K&N for a factory intake? I'd be willing to give them a little money for it.

Red_Chili
07-22-2008, 08:26 AM
K&Ns pass fine dust. DAMHIK. Unless you put a foam prefilter on them like the Chili.

Evrgrnmtnman
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
K&Ns pass fine dust. DAMHIK. Unless you put a foam prefilter on them like the Chili.

Is that a fact? Want to know since I live on a dirt road? Where do you get the foam prefilter and does it restrict airflow?
LowBallers....their out in large numbers.......

Red_Chili
07-24-2008, 12:36 AM
I have consistently found fine dust in the intake past the filter, in trucks and on motorcycles. No matter what oiling regimen is followed.

Yeah, the foam probably restricts airflow, but not appreciably, and I will trust it over gauze. I oil it with motorcycle No-Toil Oil, which has a detergent that allows water cleanup. It is super tacky, and super easy. The foam prefilter is a K&N part.

Oiled foam has always treated me well.