PDA

View Full Version : For all you RC crawlers....all Toyota!!

RockRunner
07-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Pretty cool video showing RC Toyota's crawling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvHQxl23SrE :thumb:

Uncle Ben
07-16-2008, 03:58 PM
That was really cool! So I got Dan pulled into this hobby....who's next? I have already decided on selling and canabalizing several of my other RC's and build more crawlers!

BTW...G'day mates! ;)

60wag
07-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I'll be happy to play with your truck anytime.

Uncle Ben's truck is way more flexible than anything in the video but the models in the vid are awesome.

I thought the FJC was going to blow an axle pulling the minitruck in reverse.

nakman
07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Very cool vid- I haven't hear Rocket from a Crypt in a while either, great band!

wesintl
07-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Funny thing is you can get a real 40 for less than one of those :D They are super cool and that 40 is bad ass!

RockRunner
07-16-2008, 11:02 PM
My boss is trying to talk me into it, he send me the video knowing I would like all the "Toys". The video was from last year and from what I understand the RC world has upped the ante with much better trucks both gas and electric. Depending on my bonus check I may join the fun...............just a lot of money and they can't store my cooler with beer.

Red_Chili
07-17-2008, 10:00 AM
That was really cool! So I got Dan pulled into this hobby....who's next? I have already decided on selling and canabalizing several of my other RC's and build more crawlers!

BTW...G'day mates! ;)
I'm already (sorta) into it. Have a 1/8 scale gas buggy.

I decided it was really really dangerous to get too involved in it. WAY too addicting.

UB, you are a very bad influence in my life... :D

Convert
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
UB, you are a very bad influence in my life... :D

X2 Now I'm staying up late and surfing E-Bay for deals on RC parts:D

nakman
07-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Seeing that one mini truck with all the sliders, bumpers, custom skid plates, etc. looked really cool and suggests this shoudl be a hobby I'd really enjoy. So starting from 0, what would be a realistic initial investment to get going here? How much is one of these suckers? maybe I shouldn't ask..

DaveInDenver
07-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Seeing that one mini truck with all the sliders, bumpers, custom skid plates, etc. looked really cool and suggests this shoudl be a hobby I'd really enjoy. So starting from 0, what would be a realistic initial investment to get going here? How much is one of these suckers? maybe I shouldn't ask..
We can read you like a book. You are mini truck guy who will never be fully comfortable in your Cruiser skin, so the best option is to listen to that inner voice and start with a Hilux RC car.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img20387_01042008184615_1_350.jpg

Uncle Ben
07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Insert really evil laugh here X ;)

Nak, to get into it at a decent level of more enjoyment less frustration $500. Do remember that like your first real Cruiser this will be an initial investment and the level of competiveness or detail and involvement will greatly influence the level of budget you will justify!

Dave, That truck pictured is a hard styrene body and is way to heavy for what is getting referanced here. Look op Parma, Pro-Line, or HPI for lexan bodies. The sport is growing again so more cool stuff will continue to show up for a while till it wanes off again.

Dan, I tried hard to be a friend and tell you to "Run Away!" "Run Away!" but you got caught! Sorry!

Bill, Lexan bodies are ultra shiny and you paint them inside so the paint doesn't scratch.....think of it like a 8mil thick clear coat! :lmao:

Check out RCCrawler.com or similar web sites and start snooping out links and you'll see a whole world your wife will kill me for telling you about!

Snoop out deals on e-bay for dead TXT, Clodbuster or AX-10 for hard parts. AX-10's are relatively new and are the first RTR built crawlers available. Before it was strickly modeling and you made rigs by piecing together differant components. If you stick with 1/8 or 1/10th scale stuff you will have the most interchangability.

Good on ya! (BTW) I need to upload a few pix but yesterday in Surfers Paradise I scored an awesome pic of the Nakgadget Family hauler! Today, the girls are all headed for High Tea which means I'm headed to Gold Coast 4WD Wreckers! This could be a VERY expensive day! So far in the "every other vehicle is a Cruiser world" here the coolest truck I've wet my self on was a later model Nissan Patrol trayback! It was fully set up expedition style and was the coolest freakin' thing I've ever spied! I haven't check my camera yet to see if the pic turned out as we were moving when I snapped it but it was awesome. The friends of my daughter that we are staying with here are very amused at my Cruiser antics! Ruebin, the dad, and me have become close mates and even though he is a hard core Holden (GM) fan he is seeing what I'm excited about. I think he's as excited to go to the wreckers today as I am! I have pulled up the Rubithon pix from out forum and I think I have definately corrupted him as well! He has never been off this island but Jen and him are very interested in visiting us soon while the exchange rate is in thier favor. BTW, Ruebin and Jen own a trucking biz and have shipping contacts!!!!!!! Insert huge evil laugh here X

nuclearlemon
07-17-2008, 09:50 PM
how come the mini truck is so fond of rolling:confused: :D

nakman
07-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Buy it now for $230.. http://cgi.ebay.com/Axial-AX10-Scorpion-1-10-Scale-Electric-RC-Rock-Crawler_W0QQitemZ190237242482QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190237242482&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

radio controller sold separately?

edit: cool, there's LED's too http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-head-light-kit-Crawler-Losi-Ofna-Sirio-TRX-Rustler_W0QQitemZ270255145249QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270255145249&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Convert
07-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Uncle Ben
I'm gunnin for you been doing some custom mods to the rc crawler. Lowered and lengthened the 3-link,moved the control arms inside the frame rail and toward the center of the axle. Next up custom steering linkage rods.

OH ya what's up Mate

Uncle Ben
07-30-2008, 02:46 AM
Good on ya mate! Got a good rif-raf drainage in mind for some abuse? Found an awesome place right next to where Jacket works for heavy damage possibilities!

Uncle Ben
08-14-2008, 09:17 AM
So if ya just got a fist full of dalla's needing to be spent.....

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58405

corsair23
08-15-2008, 04:43 PM
So if ya just got a fist full of dalla's needing to be spent.....

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58405

Holy crap :eek: - Did they have a sudden price increase on that thing or what? I looked at it awhile back when someone else posted up about it and you could (at least a little while ago) find it for under $300 online...

Uncle Ben
08-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Holy crap :eek: - Did they have a sudden price increase on that thing or what? I looked at it awhile back when someone else posted up about it and you could (at least a little while ago) find it for under $300 online...

That is suggested retail....you can still find it under 3 Benji's if ya snoop....

corsair23
08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
That is suggested retail....you can still find it under 3 Benji's if ya snoop....

:cool:

Maybe someday...I've got a Mot version sitting in my computer room I still need to take out of the box, someday :o