PDA

View Full Version : Friend might be selling her Mini-truck

CardinalFJ60
07-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I've offered to help her sell this truck...she wants it to go to a good home.

I've got a close friend who has an 87(?) extra-cab mini-truck 4WD that she's had for ever. she loves "Bob". He needs a brake booster or master, but other than that, in very good condition. he's got larger tires/rims and a small lift. like most of the minis from that era, there's some bed-rust(not tooooo bad), but the cab is pretty nice. manual trans, no pwr steering.

I put this in Chat 'cuz I'm hoping to get an idea of a range of pricing for this. I was thinking, without really looking over the truck, about $2k-$3k would be fair. Is that out of line? when I get pics and figure a price, I'll post in For Sale.

Red_Chili
07-16-2008, 11:55 AM
That's in line, depending on the motor, mileage, etc. Timing chain? That can mushroom depending on condition and relative neglect (oil change interval, letting it rattle until aluminum bits distribute through the system... DAMHIK).

CardinalFJ60
07-16-2008, 04:32 PM
thanks...just what I needed. I'll be taking a closer look in the next week or so and snap some photos. she's still in denial about selling it. :D

Red_Chili
07-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, post some pix and we can nail down what it is likely worth. Her being in denial about Bob just gives you time!