PDA

View Full Version : Week of the DNC

bh4rnnr
07-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Went to the meeting tonight, other than a little boring, figured out that i'm about one block away from the "affected zones". NPR was misleading today with there news about security zones for downtwon, only for the restricted areas.

Will be affected with the Light Rail only running to Invesco.

It is my understanding that there is some 700 people coming from other countrys for this event. High end people for that matter.

wesintl
07-16-2008, 09:43 PM
you should rent you place for the week and make killer $$$$

60wag
07-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Then Skelator could be anything you want it to be!

Romer
07-16-2008, 10:05 PM
700 people is all they could muster, pfffftttttt

Shark Bait
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
you should rent you place for the week and make killer $$$$

Gigolo services extra, of course! :eek::lmao:

bh4rnnr
07-16-2008, 11:36 PM
700 people is all they could muster, pfffftttttt

700 people from out of the country. 50k est for the event itself. Most of the 700 are diplomates etc...

I cant subsudise my apartment, plus I dont want to deal with that whole mess...

Other services are considerd for the week of the DNC:eek::hill:

Hulk
07-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Dude, you should seriously sublet your apartment for the week. I bet you could make an easy $1000 or more. If your management complains, apologize and say you didn't know and won't do it again.

It's easy money, and you don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get to your place that week anyway.

bh4rnnr
07-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Dude, you should seriously sublet your apartment for the week. I bet you could make an easy $1000 or more. If your management complains, apologize and say you didn't know and won't do it again.

It's easy money, and you don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get to your place that week anyway.

Though it's good money, I just really dont want to deal with it. Plus, I cant subsudise my apartment. I'll be gone the last part of the convention, but am looking forward to the first part of the week.

Hulk
07-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Though it's good money, I just really dont want to deal with it. Plus, I cant subsudise my apartment. I'll be gone the last part of the convention, but am looking forward to the first part of the week.

Just think:

W.W.D.T.D.?
What would Donald Trump do?

He's rent that mutha for a premium and invest it in Skeletor. Or he'd take the entire amount and invest it in a no-load mutual fund, and have some money in the bank for a future need.

Red_Chili
07-17-2008, 10:56 AM
I have a hard time picturing Donald Trump in Skelator... :eek: :lmao:

During the DNC downtown is going to be an absolute gridlock. Even bicycle traffic will be horrendous.

Fortunately, my company has made the decision that we will work from home that week.

:woot::woot:

Hulk
07-17-2008, 01:49 PM
6 nights x $100 = $600 minimum. I bet you could get more. All you need is a place to stash your bong, right? :D

Hulk
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Ah, right, because of all the hippy liberals. :rolleyes:

But if he rents to it a member of the media, they'll be too busy reporting to smoke the weed in his apartment.

wesintl
07-17-2008, 04:22 PM
at any rate you're HIGH for not ca$hing in on renting your place to DNC'rs

nakman
07-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Hmm... didn't we try all these arguments with the World Series? :schotts:

c'mon Perry, listen to reason man.

bh4rnnr
07-17-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm actually looking forward to being downtown that week. A historic event for Denver, with a historic candidate.

Sure the $$ would be nice to have, but i'm not going to risk loosing my apartment over it. Just means I'll have to continue to work hard to get the money for Skelator:blah:

:beer::beer:

Hulk
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Sure the $$ would be nice to have, but i'm not going to risk losing my apartment over it.

Act now, apologize later. It's not like you'd be breaking a commandment. You can easily claim that it was an old buddy from out-of-town and no money changed hands. How are they going to know otherwise? They don't have rules against having guests at your apartment do they?

"Yeah, John's an old friend who works at CNN. Haven't seen him in years. I invited him to stay at my place. I was going to be there the whole week too, but the DNC just made downtown a mess, so I ended up staying out at my parent's house a few nights."

Unless you're inside the convention, you ain't gonna see anymore of Obama than us schmucks in the 'burbs. You think Obama's gonna sit next to you at the bar at the Wynkoop?

Sorry man, you haven't come up with a good excuse yet. Make some easy money. It spends the same as the money you have to sweat for, and it's a lot more fun.

wesintl
07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Unless you're inside the convention, you ain't gonna see anymore of Obama than us schmucks in the 'burbs. You think Obama's gonna sit next to you at the bar at the Wynkoop?

He ain't going to give you a grand next year either :rolleyes:

Hulk
07-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Here's some interesting commentary on what you downtown residents will have to look forward to during the DNC (from Andrew Hudson, local Public Relations guru):I've been to three Democratic conventions in the past: New York City in 1992; Chicago in 1996 and Los Angeles in 2000. While I recognize the convention's importance in corralling the party faithful, my experiences and observations of these huge political love-fests have become progressively more jaded. At the Los Angeles convention, the security had become so atrocious that delegates were required to navigate a half of a mile security fence maze before they were granted access to the Staples Center, where the convention was held.

The rise in instant media access has also raised the level of political theater from protest groups hoping to gain a 20-second sound bite or video clip on one of the many cable news stations camped out at the convention. Expect thousands of protestors, loud drums, PA systems, screaming bands with poorly composed protest songs, a lot of screaming and yelling, baby boomers in diapers, and in true form, every controversial issue to be represented - from extraterrestrial cover-ups, to 911 conspiracy theorists, to anti- (and pro-) war enthusiasts, to anti- (and pro-) immigration policies to the outrageous number of calories in a Chipotle burrito (over 1,200 calories and 10 grams of fat for those who care).

Personally, I think we ought to get a group together and hold a parade to protest the protestors. At the very least, let's charge a 'protestor fee' to help offset the millions of dollars this convention is costing.

Full article (http://prjobslist.com/index.cfm?) Read it now -- it will be archived soon.

bh4rnnr
08-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Lets see, Sunday I was bombarded by church goers( to the extreme!). Couldnt get to my apartment without geting stopped by Green Peace every two blocks. Today, Secret Service and Nancy P(Speaker of the house) was next door. Interesting experiance walking into them folks........

Red_Chili
08-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Looking forward to working from HOME next week...

AxleIke
08-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Eh, convention schmavention.

More important is that Rage Against the Machine and the Flobots are playing a free concert at the convention center on Wed.

AWESOME!!!!

Now I just need to win the lottery system.

cbmontgo
08-21-2008, 11:41 PM
I sat by a girl on the plane today who was on her way in town for the DNC from Orange County. Some sort of "college democrats" group. They are already invading.

Inukshuk
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I am put off by how much these folks seem to be coming here just to party. But to see it, I may have to visit Perry. Perry, I'll be seeing you!

bh4rnnr
08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
I am put off by how much these folks seem to be coming here just to party. But to see it, I may have to visit Perry. Perry, I'll be seeing you!

My doors are always open! Tuesday night starts a long week for me next week. No Secret Service last few days. But they do have a uber cool Steam Engine train over at Union that I will have to get pics of. I guess it's the one from the old REI building....