PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Comprehensive Car Care

Ocho
07-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I was thinking about getting some general work done and I was looking for a place in Denver and comprehensive car care came up. Are they reliable etc?

Thanks,

Josh

Hulk
07-25-2008, 01:35 PM
They have a good rep. I used them for some emissions tuning about 7 years ago and they did a good job. They know Cruisers. This is the place on Evans, right?

Ocho
07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, on Evans. Thanks for the info!

wesintl
07-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Depending on what vehicle and what you need done we can recommend others too.

We'll, I can't since I do my own work but others can ;)

DaveInDenver
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
We've had them do things for us (we live a few blocks from Comprehensive), mostly back before I totaled the Civic. They've never tried or asked to do anything beyond what we brought the car in for, so they seem honest enough. But while they are not a dedicated 4WD shop, they always seem to have a 40 or 60 in there. So they are not clueless in the ways of old junk. They also have lots of Pickups, 4Runners and 80s in there, so I think they are competent enough with most Toyota trucks.

Caribou Sandstorm
07-26-2008, 11:19 PM
They are good guys.

We used them for all our stuff on our 1995 80 series.

The two guys at the counter Jeff and Mike (ithink) are really easy going.

Mark is the head mechanic and co-owner. Mark has the red 40 series that is usually parked there. They own the house just to the east of the shop. Arnold from the Trail Teams lives in the house and parks one of the TTT trailers in front.

Anyway, like someone else said, they won't suggest anything extra, not their style, unless they see something. Every time I am in there someone walks in and says to me, "You new? I have been using these guys for 20 years, they are great."

Mark installed my skids, because I was too much of a wimp to install them myself....Then he took my FJ for a spin and said "hey that thing handles pretty good." He is very knowledgeable.

Hey Dave, we live a few blocks away from Comprehensive also. Near Observatory park. We should meet up at Anthony's sometime for a beer and a slice!

Ocho
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the info, I used them and they seemed like good guys. I just had some brake and shock type stuff done.

Thanks,

Josh