PDA

View Full Version : hey hulk...

nuclearlemon
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
look familiar ? :)

Hulk
02-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I have some video of that run, somewhere. It was in the Nicolet Nat'l Forest up in northern Wisconsin. I took the dropoff so slow that I got high centered. As I dropped into the hole, with some helpful pushing, the step below my pintle hitch broke off -- the breaking bolts sounded like rifle shots!

Yeah, I was a noob. :o

Once in, I navigated the mud hole with success. There was a hidden line under the brown water, and if you didn't drive it, you were stuck. I had watched Jason go through it, and I drove it right the first time, to the cheers of the onlookers (most of whom didn't attempt this obstacle).

That weekend up in Nicolet was the depth of my four wheeling experience when I moved to Colorado. My first run with Rising Sun was Hackett Gulch back in early 2000, led by Rob Meredith. Cheeseman and Crash were there, as was Dean-o. (Amber Toepper was there too, riding shotgun, now that I think about it). After that run, I decided that running a stock rig was no longer an option, and that I needed to learn some skillz.

I loved that '75 FJ40. It was a beast, but it was my first.

:blah:

wesintl
02-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Is that you Matt? :eek:

That pic is funny.. being pushed down INTO a mud hole :lmao

:fing: what ever became of the mustard 75?

IanB
02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
That is a classic pic! :drink:

Hulk
02-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Is that you Matt? !:eek:

what ever became of the mustard 75?

I sold it before moving to Colorado. It had some serious issues to begin with, and I made it worse with when I crashed it on an icy day.

nuclearlemon
02-10-2006, 07:32 PM
i posted some more pics on the windy city page on mud.

Man Jerk
02-12-2006, 07:16 PM
The place looks farmiliar :fing:

Hulk
02-13-2006, 01:54 AM
More Chicago Cruiser pics here (http://www.rustybrain.com/cruisers/nicolet/index.html)

I'll have to go through my old boxes of pictures and do some more scanning.