PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to see the FJCruiser April 1st?

treerootCO
02-09-2006, 06:51 AM
That's right! No foolin' here. Post up suggestions what trails sound interesting to you. Lefthand is an option but I am open to suggestions.

I just wanted to know if it would still be possible for you to organize an April 1st chapter run in Colorado (something along the lines of left hand). I think it would be a great first event for our 8 month tour and you guys would be the first people to see the FJC in action and you guys could even slide behind the wheel and tackle a few obstacles yourself.

Feel free to post it on your forum and see what kind of turnout we can get.

Thanks for your help,
Brady

Beater
02-09-2006, 08:13 AM
i'm your huckleberry.

although it'd be more fun to put it through carnage or spring creek. :lmao

nuclearlemon
02-09-2006, 08:56 AM
i'll go, but i'm confused about being the first to see it in action part....and is it brady or brandy? :D

FJBen
02-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Boy that cruiser is getting passed around like a .... ;) sounds cool tho!

treerootCO
02-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Fixed it Ige.

A little off topic but when I think of Lefthand I think Carnage....fun trail but not the best poster child for responsible off-highway recreation. Given all that Colorado has to offer, we should be able to find a trail that represents our state and the positive image Rising Sun has worked so hard to create.

Beater
02-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Fixed it Ige.

A little off topic but when I think of Lefthand I think Carnage....fun trail but not the best poster child for responsible off-highway recreation. Given all that Colorado has to offer, we should be able to find a trail that represents our state and the positive image Rising Sun has worked so hard to create.

I was going to bring that up, but I didn't want to be negative. Slaughterhouse/gold hill would be a good choice as would chinaman's. Slaughterhouse would need a pre-run to make sure the trash is picked up.

JadeRunner
02-09-2006, 10:28 AM
We can do better than left hand.

Chinaman's Gulch is a nice well maintained trail and would be open in terms of snow on April 1st. It might get beat up a little (mainly the undercarriage), but on the other hand it would be a nice challenge for it.

I can't really think on any other good trails for this open on April 1st, except maybe Crystal Mtn. or some others up north that I'm not very familier with.

treerootCO
02-09-2006, 10:40 AM
I wonder if Kelly Flats is open in April.

Beater
02-09-2006, 10:46 AM
I wonder if Kelly Flats is open in April.

probably a good amount of ice in the valleys around the creek, as most of the trail is in the trees.

j

Uncle Ben
02-09-2006, 11:05 AM
probably a good amount of ice in the valleys around the creek, as most of the trail is in the trees.

j

Call the Roosevelt Ranger office. Traditionally Kelly Flats is seasonal. In other words it closes right after hunting season OR significant snow accumulation. It opens just before Memorial Day weekend. :)

FJBen
02-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Call the Roosevelt Ranger office. Traditionally Kelly Flats is seasonal. In other words it closes right after hunting season OR significant snow accumulation. It opens just before Memorial Day weekend. :)

Dang, would be nice to see the FJ Cruiser in "the chutes" :D

Bobzooki
02-09-2006, 12:54 PM
I would put in a second for Chinamans Gulch.

I should be on 33's by then!

Convert
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
I'll third Chinamans Gulch.

Uncle Ben
02-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Chinamans or Slaughterhouse (Bailey) would both be good choices. :fing:

wesintl
02-09-2006, 04:23 PM
me, me... I wanna see it... :) I vote slaugherhouse. Easy to get to and I bet alot of members could make it out.

powderpig
02-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Slaugherhouse is too easy to really see what the FJ can do, even though chinamans is so far away, I would like to see it do that instead. So I vote chinaman's. Could do something like glispie and castle glutch if closer to here is what we want. later robbie

bh4rnnr
02-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I'd love to join. Do not think i'll be abale to make it this weekend, as I got a lot to do..... Probably just ride a long and take pictures, so i'm happy with wher ever :)

JadeRunner
02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
I'll lead a run on Chinaman's that day. The more I think about it the more I like that trail for this event. Yea, it's a 2 hour drive to the trailhead, but allways seems worth it to me.

Well maintained.
Enough challenges with plenty of bypasses and optional obstacles.
It won't be crowded with other groups. Probably no city yahoo's there.
Minimal question marks in terms snow, ice, shelf roads ect.
A memorable trail in terms of driver and testing a rigs capabilaties.
Nice view of the Collegiates Mtns. in the backgroud.

If we agree, I'll post it the run.

Hulk
02-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll lead a run on Chinaman's that day. The more I think about it the more I like that trail for this event. Yea, it's a 2 hour drive to the trailhead, but allways seems worth it to me.

Well maintained.
Enough challenges with plenty of bypasses and optional obstacles.
It won't be crowded with other groups. Probably no city yahoo's there.
Minimal question marks in terms snow, ice, shelf roads ect.
A memorable trail in terms of driver and testing a rigs capabilaties.
Nice view of the Collegiates Mtns. in the backgroud.

If we agree, I'll post it the run.
Let's do it. Scott, you are the man.:bowdown: