PDA

View Full Version : AMC Eagle...

corsair23
08-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Who needs to spend all that $$ building up a Toyota rig when you can just go out and procure yourself an AMC Eagle and hit Moab in style :hill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXC5IUOdFk

I have to admit...I'm pretty impressed with what that CAR was able to do :eek:

Uncle Ben
08-04-2008, 05:35 AM
No doubt! Pretty entertaining! Heres another clip of the modded one playing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3e9Yfya84&NR=1

timmbuck2
08-04-2008, 10:15 AM
speaking of cars......what does anyone know about a mid 80's 4x4 tercel wagon?? A buddy of mine has one (and a hybrid Highlander) and wants to join us on projects like Jenny Creek. He is also have a tough time getting the Tercel to pass emissions. I am no Toyota expert, but I had not heard of the Tercel 4x4 wagon...with a "low crawling gear"??

T

(`._.[xtr3m3]._.)
08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Those are sweet! I saw this one at the BK in Downieville.

wesintl
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
speaking of cars......what does anyone know about a mid 80's 4x4 tercel wagon?? A buddy of mine has one (and a hybrid Highlander) and wants to join us on projects like Jenny Creek. He is also have a tough time getting the Tercel to pass emissions. I am no Toyota expert, but I had not heard of the Tercel 4x4 wagon...with a "low crawling gear"??

T

They are horribly slow. The 4wd station wagon with the 6 speed had the 6th as an extra low gear. He could drive up rollins pass but just about most FWD cars could but no way could it do jenny creek. They also had a tilt meter :rolleyes: The autos and the non 4wd didn't have the EL (extra low gear)

The AMC eagle and subi's at least have clearance. I'd love to have an 87 gl wagon. I rented a room in a huge log home behind the aspen airport on owl creek dr. from a guy that had an amc eagle. They look stupid as can be but actually drive pretty well.

Beater
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM
They are horribly slow.

this from a guy in a 70 series...
:lmao:

Uncle Ben
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
this from a guy in a 70 series...
:lmao:

Go ahead and tease Wes but would you trust your money in a AMC product? :rolleyes:

wesintl
08-04-2008, 02:08 PM
werd :thumb: I expect a truck etc to go slow etc, but a car.. there are no excuses.

but yes i'd probably drive one just cause I like old crusty slow crap that I can fix with a rubber band. :D Oh wait I did have a slow ass car. Jetta diesel, and an audi 4000 diesel. Diesel is different though ;)

PabloCruise
08-05-2008, 05:13 AM
For some reason this reminds me of the Red Green Show episode where they make an all wheel drive, 4 wheel steering car out of two K-Cars - priceless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Lnfpulwjc&feature=related

While you are there, you might as well check out the Redneck Power Windows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd876iqGdT4&feature=related

leiniesred
08-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I had a Tercel wagon.

It was Toyota's answer to the Subaru 4x4 wagons.

Carbbed. about 1,000,000 feet of vac. lines. I'm sure one fell off or something. They also wear out the throttle shaft in the carb to mess up your tune.

The shifter has more letters than numbers on it. It is a 6 speed with a compound low hole and overdrive. How does it wheel? Great on muddy/snowy roads and stuff. Light enough to fly/glide over a lot of stuff. Will it run Jenny creek? Not the entire way. Bad approach angles. But it would make it if you dragged it over things in a few places.

Man I had some great times in (the back of) that little wagon.
It would only go 81-83MPH. We called it "Scooter."

mhdsummers
08-13-2008, 10:24 AM
I have a funny story about a buddy of mine and his AMC Eagle.
When my friend was 16, his first car was an AMC Eagle. Not exactly the ideal car for an aspiring lady killer. When he turned 17 his dad promised to get him a new car. I guess he didn't stress how much he hated his Eagle because when he returned home from school on the day of his 17th birthday he found an identical AMC Eagle in the driveway with a bow on it. His dad had bought him the same year, model and color Eagle! It had about 50,000 fewer miles but other than that it was the same car. I still give him a hard time about it.

Ron Helmuth
08-14-2008, 12:40 PM
the only Tercel 4x4 wagon to have is the 86-fuel injected and still slow. I had an 85 and once we drilled out the idle screw on the carb it ran fine. Had to floor it constantly to keep up with traffic and still got 25mpg around town all the time.

Top speed correct leiniesred-80 was most I ever saw, not for lack of trying.

Eagle-the first mass market 4 x 4 in a car I believe.

nakman
08-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I have a funny story about a buddy of mine and his AMC Eagle.
When my friend was 16, his first car was an AMC Eagle. Not exactly the ideal car for an aspiring lady killer. When he turned 17 his dad promised to get him a new car. I guess he didn't stress how much he hated his Eagle because when he returned home from school on the day of his 17th birthday he found an identical AMC Eagle in the driveway with a bow on it. His dad had bought him the same year, model and color Eagle! It had about 50,000 fewer miles but other than that it was the same car. I still give him a hard time about it.

now THAT is funny, made me laugh. :beer: :lmao: