PDA

View Full Version : north supply creek

Beater
08-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Anyone been up there lately? I need an easy-ish place to camp this weekend..

and a highlift... guess I'm going to 4wheel parts at lunch

j

Rezarf
08-05-2008, 07:31 PM
It is really easy, I know a guy who ran it up here last week, and it was a non-threating trail, and it is close to Grand lake... if we are thinking of the same trail.

Drew

Beater
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
been there many times...

just wondering if it is still little used... Truck is not really equipped for medium solo wheeling, but I don't want to be around a lot of people

j

nakman
08-05-2008, 10:11 PM
You wanna borrow a hi lift John? I'm sure you'll return it in its unused condition..

Beater
08-06-2008, 06:42 AM
You wanna borrow a hi lift John? I'm sure you'll return it in its unused condition..

thanks, but it's harder to meet up than than to buy one... and it's cheap insurance. that and my trusty "come along" will handle anything this truck will see, but thank you for the kind offer.

any other suggestions for out of the way easier trails? I am thinking of Mt. Antero as well.

j

MDH33
08-06-2008, 07:24 AM
but I don't want to be around a lot of people

j

I am thinking of Mt. Antero as well.

j

Both times I've been down near Antero this year, it was an ATV zoo.

corsair23
08-06-2008, 10:29 AM
John,

We were up there last year (here is the write up (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4381)) and saw only 2 other vehicles the entire time. One was a Subaru at the top of the trail at the gate and the other was a couple guys in a LR Discovery off the trail in the trees by the water crossing on the South Supply trail :rant:

If it weren't for the fact that 80s are gutless wonders (non-SC'd or TC'd versions anyway :)) I wouldn't even have had to put the 80 in low for the trail...And, since you've been up there before you know there is a REALLY easy dirt road that goes all the way to the top to the gate that any car can drive on so you don't even have to drive the actual trail. I don't recall any camping in the area but then again I wasn't looking for any as we were staying in a house.

Other than hikers I didn't get the feeling the area saw too much traffic. Definitely not an area you would drive to for the wheeling aspect per se and when we were there it was over the 4th of July which turns Grand Lake into a zoo...

Beater
08-06-2008, 01:25 PM
yeah there is one camping meadow that's pretty sweet. It is right off the trail, next to the creek.

This is not for wheeling, it's just to go chill somewhere and let the dog run around off leash and have my son continue to learn to ride his bike off road. Maybe fish some on the way throught the park.

thanks