PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the new BFG Mud/crawlers up close

Rezarf
08-13-2008, 08:17 PM
I just saw the newish mud/crawler lookin' tires from BFG at my local Sams Club, I have to say it is a very cool looking tire that looks lots like the rock crawling tires they have.

Anyone got a set yet?

Drew

AxleIke
08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Waiting for them to come out in a 15" rim size. Hopefully getting a set this winter/spring.

Rzeppa
08-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I saw a set last Friday at Discount when I was getting a set of "regular" M/T KMs for my FJ45. Reportedly they will replace the KMs within a year or so. No idea how they will hold up on mixed use of pavement/commuting plus off road. Obviously the krawlers are great off road, but in my experience, siped KMs are also great on road. I got 60k miles out of the set I was replacing.

Hayes
08-13-2008, 10:45 PM
The KM2's are the best of both worlds... They are a street(ier) version of the Krawler T/A's.

DaveInDenver
08-14-2008, 06:54 AM
The KM2's are the best of both worlds... They are a street(ier) version of the Krawler T/A's.
That's what I hear, they are an actual improvement insofar as mixed use. Friendlier daily (as in quieter!) and packed snow, but not give up much where the KM worked well. I just bought a set of M/T KM this spring, so I figure that these will be my next tires, too. By then the 33x10.50x15 size will be out.

80Series
08-20-2008, 06:49 PM
I have the KM2's on my truck, they ROCK!!

Uncle Ben
08-20-2008, 08:38 PM
I have the KM2's on my truck, they ROCK!!

I have to agree! I'm on my third week now and they drive awesome but they are so much noisier than my Trxus MT's were! So far noise is the only pitfall!

treerootCO
08-20-2008, 09:09 PM
I have to agree! I'm on my third week now and they drive awesome but they are so much noisier than my Trxus MT's were! So far noise is the only pitfall!

You bought tires?!...for the 80? I was thinking you and Wes were the Trxus poster children. I have to come over to see this....well, unless you put them on the lightning bolt. :p:

AxleIke
08-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Now I am jealous. But also happy that someone can comment on their performance before I buy mine.

FJBen
08-21-2008, 09:19 AM
i Have To Agree! I'm On My Third Week Now And They Drive Awesome But They Are So Much Noisier Than My Trxus Mt's Were! So Far Noise Is The Only Pitfall!

Pics Man! :)