PDA

View Full Version : CIM gone

Red_Chili
08-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Terry (formerly the manager at CIM Auto Body, who did a great job on rebuilding the rolled Chili) tells me that CIM closed.

Terry (Xota) is doing fab work out of his home now.

Dangit. Thought I found my new body shop.

corsair23
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
:(

Guess my plan to have them "renovate" my hardtop on the 40 is not going to happen.

DaveInDenver
08-18-2008, 03:59 PM
FWIW, Rich Deavers at Matrix Auto Body helped me out on my rocker fix (which were subsequently re-dented on the Rubicon, sheesh). Couldn't tell you if Matrix is any good beyond that little job. But they pulled the rocker dents and repainted them without any Bondo (which is what I asked them to do) and I'll be darned if I could see any waviness despite the lack of filler.

Red_Chili
08-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Sheesh, even with sliders?? No telling WHAT they would have looked like without sliders.

If they did that with no filler, it was a good job indeed.

DaveInDenver
08-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Sheesh, even with sliders?? No telling WHAT they would have looked like without sliders.
I'd have had my rockers about where my window crank is not. :-) To be clear, the visible parts of my rockers are really OK, it was just the pinch seam that took the beating.
If they did that with no filler, it was a good job indeed.
Well, yeah you saw them when we put on the sliders. I couldn't complain, I thought they did darn good for what I asked them. Scotty referred me to him, so I think Matrix might be worth a look. It's so hard to say and it's really word of mouth of people you trust or personal experience.