PDA

View Full Version : I.O.U.S.A. Movie

powderpig
08-22-2008, 05:46 AM
Any how Robin and I went to the movies last night to see this movie about the national debt and problems associated with it. All I can say is WOW. We are currently at a time high with 8.X trillion dollars deficit and by the end of the Bush ordeal we will be in close to 10 trillion dollar deficit. What was really intersting is how much of problem we have with other deficits that we borrow from.( 34 trillion dollar true deficit with health care issues that are not talked about). How we owe the world and what problems that may create for us in the future.
Hopefully stuff like this will wake up Americans who need to hold our law makers accountable for there time in washington(if they do not work, get rid of the tards).
Any how I included a link of the film and web site.
http://www.agorafinancial.com/iousa.html
I wish this could be seen by every adult and young person today to start a conversation that will sustain our country.
Later Robbie

Mendocino
08-22-2008, 07:24 AM
I read a review of the in The Economist last week and they said it was good. I would like to see it. thanks for the review Robbie.:thumb:

AxleIke
08-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I will be checking it out as soon as it comes out on DVD.

DaveInDenver
08-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I will be checking it out as soon as it comes out on DVD.
One that is already out on DVD is 'Maxed Out', more about personal spending and predatory banks and credit card companies.

BTW, if you want to be ticked off, watch 'America: Freedom to Facism' by Aaron Ruso. I dunno how much is inflammatory for the movie, but it's based on reality. Bush, Congress, et al, they're not the ones who run the country. The World Bank and the Federal Reserve do and neither of them (despite the illusion) are public entities. The Federal Reserve is subjugating the US in what's essentially a major credit card scam and in the end there is no way out in the same way when you get behind on your credit card payments and start paying just the interest. So it is with the national debt and the only way out is for Congress to put us back on the gold standard and stop borrowing money from the Federal Reserve.

corsair23
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
This should explain the problem :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0FJhOMc-vA

Caribou Sandstorm
08-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Ok Jeff, that was hilarious...

What a scam.. I am going to run for congress.. I could get soo many days in wheeling and not feel like I am skipping work...