PDA

View Full Version : Some shots while wheeling Wheeler lake

RockRunner
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Some shots of me playing around on the way down from the lake. The RTT did not affect me as much as I thought it would. I am thinking about some Rancho 9000 style shocks so I can adjust on the fly.

Some nice travel, can't believe the abuse these tires take.

RockRunner
08-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Some more shots, Sharon was a little worried ;) but not to worry the truck pulled trough with no worries.

I was looking for the "funnest" route trough there, I know it looks like I took the wrong line but I was trying to find the hardest line to see how the truck would feel with the RTT on top of it;).

Mendocino
08-24-2008, 10:50 PM
That is totally "rockin!!!" It almost makes me want a mini.:rolleyes:

What tire pressure are you running with the BLs?

Nice pics; got more?:thumb:

RockRunner
08-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks, It was fun. I was running around 8-9 but those aren't BL's, they look like it but only have the ring. Long story but they could not be converted so the guy sold them to me that way.

Posted some more but that is about it, unless you consider the ones in the other post in the members section.

Beater
08-25-2008, 07:39 AM
the thing about the rancho's is spot on. My rover was 3-linked, or as red chilli used to call it, " a slinky". I would get out when loaded for bare with gear on the full rack, (about 300lbs loaded) and dial those puppies all the way up. HUGE difference in the reaction speed on the suspension.

It was more in the rebound that it helped, not the compression. When your truck is 6k plus, it takes an awful lot to slow down that compression. However, we have all discovered how "light" a 6k truck can be at max articulation.

Do it, you wont be dissapointed.

Red_Chili
08-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Like he said. LOVE my Ranchos for that reason. When towing, I set them firm and my flexy truck is stable as a stone. I can tell right away if I forgot to change them. :eek:

That is totally "rockin!!!" It almost makes me want a mini. :rolleyes:

Come to the dark side. We have cookies. Milk too.
Bwahahaha....

RockRunner
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I used to have them and loved them with the exception of the occasional leaks. I think I am going to buy some for all four corners and the "In the cab adjuster". I will have to set up my air supply with a 5 gallon tank and two compressors like Bill, no need to waste money on their pump.

Anybody know what length or model number I need? I guess I need to get out there and measure it up after I get the new springs on there.

Red_Chili
08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
I understand the air controller is a bit problematic at times. Stands to reason. No personal experience.

RockRunner
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I used to have it, no real problem with the controller just the lines and the connections into the shocks.

Beater
08-25-2008, 03:24 PM
99014 or 99012 14 and 12 inch eye to eye respectively

RockRunner
08-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks John, I will have to take a look at the cost. I can run them without the controllers first and then add that later. I see them used every once in a while on CL