PDA

View Full Version : Tire carrier buildup on Mud...

Rezarf
02-13-2006, 12:57 PM
Howdy folks, I have been designing and building a tire carrier for the past several weekends with MUCH help from IanB!

Just thought for those who don't lurk on mud... I just put up some new pics.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=75040

Enjoy!

Thanks again Ian!

Drew <><

Beater
02-13-2006, 01:56 PM
mmmmmmm steel

wesintl
02-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I need to start hangin out at ian's... :)

Nice work there drew

Rezarf
02-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks wesintl- but really you should give Ian all the props, he has been really generous with his time, tools, and skills, thanks Ian :beer: :beer:

It has been fun and my first real fabrication experience at all. I mostly stand there watching Ian "gettin tiggy wit it" while I look through the welding mask, sometimes I start to sweep the shop, or play with the pit bull. :eek:

Fabbing is fun, but man it takes some time and work. Now I know why some of the nicer built units cost so much to get them on your rig!

Drew <><

Beater
02-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Fabbing is fun, but man it takes some time and work.

Drew <><

And beer. You forgot beer.

Or maybe that's why I do art, not commercial fabrication. Oh wait, I do that too, maybe it's why I don't do structural....yeah, that's it.

IanB
02-13-2006, 08:49 PM
And beer. You forgot beer.

Green obviously knows what he is talking about, he went straight to the heart of the matter...

You Forgot :bowdown: :beer: !!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :drink:

bh4rnnr
02-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Looking good :bowdown: :bowdown: :drink:

Uncle Ben
02-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Ya....what he said...

:bowdown: :bowdown: :drink:

Rzeppa
02-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Fabbing is fun, but man it takes some time and work. Now I know why some of the nicer built units cost so much to get them on your rig!Yep, the grinder is my friend, probably spend more time with it than welding :-)

Ian's welds look really nice. Did you get to play with the TIG?

Rezarf
02-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Ian's welds look really nice. Did you get to play with the TIG?

Yeah, Ian has been throwing down some really sweet welds on my carrier. I haven't asked to play wih the TIG yet, mainly because I have asked to play with the tube bender, grinder, wire wheel, cutting wheel, torch, and everything else Ian has to offer! :D

He has been so generous to help me with this thing, I dont want to spend more of his time jacking up metal with his TIG... but maybe someday after enough :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I might ask for a lesson.

Thanks again Ian! :cheers:

Drew