PDA

View Full Version : Another Friend looking to sell their Toyota

CardinalFJ60
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Here's a message from an acquaintance...

Anyone want me to get more info on this one?

Hi Shawn,

Remember me, Sondra? I work with your buddy John.

He told me you belong to a Toyota club of some sort and mentioned you might know someone that would be interested in purchasing an older Toyota that they can fix up. I have a 1995 Toyota 4-Runner with 185000 miles. The interior is great for a 14 year old car. The overall body is in good condition. There is some rust on each end of the tail gate just below the automatic window and the front bumper has a few dents. I am having troubles with the engine, my mechanic said one of the cylinders is not compressing to its full ability and that eventually a new engine might be needed but it could run for a long time before that ever happens. Without really looking at it, do you have an idea what I could get for it? You are more that welcome to look at it or whatever needed. Just trying to see what my options are.

nakman
08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Does she want more info on this one? sounds like a 3.0 with head gasket issues to me.. double bummer. $3-$4K would be my guess, and to someone who doesn't know a lot about Toyotas. I'm not sure she'd recover the HG replacement cost on the sale either, even at Squishy rates..

cbmontgo
08-26-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm thinking even less than that. Those usually run around $ 3,000-4,000 in rust-free condition with that many miles and a running engine.

I've looked at some of those lately and got scared away by the V6 in that model. That is such a great body style though.

Here's one in Castle Rock...

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/783324061.html

CardinalFJ60
08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Great info! thanks! I think she's looking to unload it to someone who could use it as a project to fix up, wheel, chop it/drop it, whatever.

I'll throw out some numbers to her and see where it goes. maybe she'll go stupid low and someone can get a cool trail rig base.

thanks again you guys.