PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - FJ40 Radiator Overflow Tank

kvanoort
08-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Now that I have my 2F motor up an running in my 1972 FJ40, I'm looking for a radiator overflow tank, mount and cap. Just thought I would see if anyone had one in good condition that's just taking up space. Thanks.

Looking forward to actually attending the September meeting in a Land Cruiser!
:cheers:

RicardoJM
08-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I also needed a radiator overflow tank. I went to the junk yard today and managed to pick up the tank and bracket from the FJ60 I pulled my starter from. I cleaned it up and put it on. It looks like it belongs.

Kent, I looked for another one for you while I was there, but none of the Toyotas were the same style as the FJ60 and many of them were overflow/windshield wiper containers combined. If you are not picky about it being a Toyota, there are lots of containers that will work.

Rzeppa
08-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Back in 2000 I had to get one for my 71 (which didn't come with one from the factory that I know of) and got an after market one from one of the chain parts store for about $10. Works fine, still have it in there.

kvanoort
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Kent, I looked for another one for you while I was there, but none of the Toyotas were the same style as the FJ60 and many of them were overflow/windshield wiper containers combined. If you are not picky about it being a Toyota, there are lots of containers that will work.

Thanks for looking around for me at the yard. The FJ60 tank is probably the way to go so I'll keep looking.