PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN! ~ '85 4Runner off Medano Pass!!

bskey
08-28-2008, 01:56 AM
So.... took my dad and Brother in law over Medano pass on Saturday, and coming home took a left turn north on what was labled Rainbow Trail. My nav said it was a shorter route home... So we were headed up and my clutch started to slip and the truck was overheating.... she was tired. I pushed her pretty hard all day. So finally the clutch was smoking, so I pulled over and parked her, and we decided to hike out, hitch a ride back home, then come back with my dads truck in the morning to tow her home. Come out Sunday and she's gone!!!

I have filed a police report and insurance claim, but really just want my rig back. If you hear or see anything, please let me know. Here is the last pic we took before hiking out.

Thanks ~ Brett

Rock Dog
08-28-2008, 02:16 AM
That Sucks :mad: :rant::rant: I hate to hear of things like that, and am always worried about leaving my rig even for a short hike. I hope they find it soon and in the same condition it was left in.

Beater
08-28-2008, 07:29 AM
fyi - MUCH of that area is private land. You may want to push the police to check with the local landowners, as there has been a lot of tension between landowners/users down there...

just a thought.

good luck

Red_Chili
08-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah... and Rainbow Trail ain't exactly a 4x4 route for parts of it, somebody might have gotten their shorts in a knot over it being there. :(

bskey
08-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Really? That's good to know. We only made it up maybe 5 miles into Rainbow Trail, and were maybe 2 miles past a Forest Service sign, so I think I parked it on Public Land, but can't be positive...

JadeRunner
08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear about this.

FYI - I backpack\fish from the Music Pass trailhead often (I was just there 2 weeks ago). I have tried to drive that section of the rainbow Trail from the the Music Pass side, which is the opposite side you were on. The sign said Mendano Pass road 6 miles or something (I forget the mileage). But after a short distance the trail was way small and it was obvious it was for ATV's only even though the sign doesn't indicate that.

So I perhaps it's actually a designated ATV route and not signed yet. Thus some locals were mad or something. I had a ranger up there tell me they have had some trailhead vehicle break in's recently which they though were being done by local kids. Good luck.

RockRunner
08-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Sorry to hear that man, hope you find it in one piece. Take the advice of John and Bill, maybe even go up there and ask some of the ranchers around the area. They may know or have seen something, or have it in their barn.

Good luck man!

MDH33
08-28-2008, 03:05 PM
That makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it. :( What an awful feeling.

I hope you find it undamaged, soon.

farnhamstj
08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Total bummer. Sorry.

chilitoy
08-28-2008, 05:25 PM
That stinks! I hope you get it back, because it looks like you've been busy, and was lookin good. Good luck.

bskey
08-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks all for your support! I'm hoping for the best.... but being realistic too. I am working to spread the word. Most of the area around where I parked the truck is owned by Redkin, of the hair care empire... not too sure how to contact them.