PDA

View Full Version : New browser: "Chrome" from Google. Super fast!

Hulk
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Google released a new browser today, "Chrome." It is super fast. I think Microsoft is going down!

http://www.google.com/chrome

If they close this off, I did save the executable file.

Here’s an overview that Google has released concerning its new browser (in comic book form):
http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/index.html

Matt

theboomboom
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
It seems like an attempt to legitimize the browser that will most likely ship with android much like the way apple legitimized safari before shipping it in the iphone. Firefox 2.0 hasent let me down yet, so I will most likely pass on chrome.

Red_Chili
09-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Neither has Firefox 3. <spectator mode ON>

Hants
09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Until Chrome supports Ad-blocking & cookie-blocking (with easy management thereof), I'll pass on spending much time with it.

WAY too much tracking/junk cookies show up just by loading "default" webpages.

This is the primary reason I use FireFox.

treerootCO
09-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Until Chrome supports Ad-blocking & cookie-blocking (with easy management thereof), I'll pass on spending much time with it.

WAY too much tracking/junk cookies show up just by loading "default" webpages.

This is the primary reason I use FireFox.

silly hants...

You've gone incognito. Pages you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the incognito window. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be preserved, however.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Be wary of:
Websites that collect or share information about you
Internet service providers or employers that track the pages you visit
Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys
Surveillance by secret agents
People standing behind you
Learn more about incognito browsin

Hants
09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
silly hants...

You've gone incognito. Pages you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the incognito window. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be preserved, however.

I'm not trying to be super-stealth... just trying to go about my business without everyone in the world knowing where I go and jamming ads in my face all the time. :rant:

I block ALL cookies, then enable them for the specific sites that I need them for. This requires trivial effort (two mouse clicks) with Firefox add-ins.

I block almost all ads. The ones I allow are for targeted sites (some of the Mud ones), or when I'm specifically searching for something (Google search).

I actually appreciate browser history... saves me from myself. :o

Red_Chili
09-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Be wary of:
...Surveillance by secret agents...
He's kiddin of course.

Right? :eek:

:p:

Shark Bait
09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I like it. Still playing with it. (Chrome, that is :p:.)