PDA

View Full Version : I found one of my FJ's original owners!

thenimirra
09-03-2008, 08:54 AM
So I was combing through some of the old documents I found in my FJ and came across an invoice for a fuse. There was even a phone number too, so I called the family this morning. Turns out the guy is 72 and I spoke with his wife while he was sleeping. She was so amazed that I had it, and we shared a ton of laughs (especially about me not being able to even drive a stick). We are working out some way for them to come check it out!

She was so happy! It made me happy too.

wesintl
09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
That is cool Sheeba. A week before the rally I took my 64 to see the original owner. He had just turned 80. He was outside cutting the lawn but you should have seen the smile on his face when I rolled up. He said he didn't think he'd see the fj again. He knew I was busy with life and figured it was gone. We took another nice drive around sloan lake. He was happy to see the 40 with a good home.

Hulk
09-03-2008, 10:07 AM
That's really cool. We need to get you driving a stick, too!

Shark Bait
09-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Those stories would be great for Toyota Trails. Especially if the OO has some pictures. :p:

nuclearlemon
09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
kick butt!!! it's great to be able to track down other owners. were they the original owners?

not that i have to tell you, but be sure to get lots of pics of them when they come to see your rig.

Red_Chili
09-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I bought the Chili from its one and only owner, who gave me some stern advice about taking care of it, etc. All the while I knew what I was about to do with it... :rolleyes:

I drove it to work one day, and feared to think what he would think or say if he saw it. Wouldn't you know it, he walks out of work just as I am pulling out of the parking garage. "OH NO!" thinks I. His eyes bugged out, his jaw dropped, he just stood there...

and said "WOW! THAT is REALLY COOL!" :lmao:

Whew!

DaveInDenver
09-03-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm the second owner of my truck, too. The fella I bought it from just drove and used it, nothing more than a tool for him and he was going to a F150 for the increase in space. He built custom wooden canoes for a living, absolutely beautiful work. He kept meticulous notes on what he did and when, so for it's first 100K miles I have date and mileage for every single oil change, replaced parts numbers and dates, dates he had it into the dealer, etc.

Crash
09-03-2008, 02:02 PM
We bought the 62 in 1999 from a literal Ned Flanders who lived in Highland Ranch. Wouldn't let us into the his house, in the middle of January, while he wrote up the sales receipt and he insisted upon keeping the "Beautiful Highland Ranch" license plate holder. If he only knew where the 62 has been since then. Glad that your experience is different Sheeba!

thenimirra
09-03-2008, 04:00 PM
I think I may be the fourth owner??

Me,
the father/son team
Mr. Ortega
Mr. Ortega's brother

and maybe one more before that....it's all very cool! And I just want to say thank you this board for being so supportive of my efforts. Can't wait to come to the meeting tonight so I can hopefully be voted in! I just got my membership number from the TLCA so I'm ready to go local now!

Inukshuk
09-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I know the past two owners of my 80: Rob Blumel and Eric Vogt (for two weeks!) and have e-mailed with Creig Metters who was the second owner. History is good.