PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Overland Travel.....

Jacket
09-04-2008, 06:09 PM
MaddMatt's thread reminded me.....I have the good fortune of being selected (randomly) to participate in this year's Expedition Trophy in mid-October (starts on 10/17). It's a great opportunity to learn from some of the best, ogle at the cool rigs (all types, not just Yotas), spend some time competing and overlanding, and meet some cool new folks.

My wife and kids won't make this one, so if anyone is interested in coming along as a navigator to share in the fun, I'd be happy to have the company. I'm not all that competitive, so for me it's not about winning, but more about just having fun and trying some new things.

When: October 17-22
Where: That's part of the fun. They don't say where, but instead hand out GPS coordinates about a week before the start. Expect it to be northern or central Arizona.

Details:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16648

Last year's event report:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8577&highlight=trophy+2007

If you have any interest, and some spare vacation days or free time to burn - lemme know.

MDH33
09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Man, that sounds like fun. :beer::thumb:

Rezarf
09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Stacy just said, "you should go if you want to..."

Maybe we need to talk. :D

Red_Chili
09-05-2008, 12:05 PM
You do know about the law of opposite meaning with respect to spouses, doncha?

I remember an ad selling a brand new motorcycle (crotch rocket), accessories, jacket, boots, helmet, etc. etc. taking a HUGE loss on it with only a couple hundred miles on it, and at the end, the guy says,
"I guess I thought 'Go Ahead' meant what I thought it meant."

DaveInDenver
09-05-2008, 12:28 PM
You do know about the law of opposite meaning with respect to spouses, doncha?
I've been married long enough to know that when there's a disagreement you have to choose to either be right or be happy.

nakman
09-05-2008, 01:01 PM
"I guess I thought 'Go Ahead' meant what I thought it meant."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh, that's funny. However I still don't regret going to Rubithon, even under similar pretenses. :D

Uncle Ben
09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh, that's funny. However I still don't regret going to Rubithon, even under similar pretenses. :D

As long as the first mention of the plan doesn't come from your buddies it usually not to bad....right Nak? :rolleyes: :bowdown::Princess:

Jacket
09-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Stacy just said, "you should go if you want to..."

Maybe we need to talk. :D

Don't listen to these other guys. Stacy's a straight shooter - I'm sure she's thinking what a grand experience it would be. Or maybe she just wants you out of the house for a few days....

Rezarf
09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
The dates are exactly great for me, but they might be able to work. I'll call you soon Matt.

MDH33
09-07-2008, 08:15 PM
If you guys are able to make this happen, I think it would be cool if you flew a big Rising Sun flag or an emblem of some sort on your rig, maybe the club could even "sponsor" you somehow (?). :thumb: