PDA

View Full Version : My weekend project - upholstry

60wag
09-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I've always hated leather seats in a car. I finally realized that most of the cars I've owned with leather interiors are old and that the leather just doesn't last more than 10+ years parked out in the sun. The seats in my 80 were very stiff, cracked and the stitching was failing. I was going to buy a winch but I figured I might as well invest in something that I get to use every time I drive the truck rather than once a year, so I bought a new leather interior from Shane (aatlas6 on MUD). So far I've got the front seats done. Wow! What an improvement. Maybe leather isn't so bad after all. The lumbar adjustment on the drivers seat actual works now.

Its a chore to install the stuff but very satisfying when complete. The threads detailing the job on MUD are quite helpful (thanks Ken.) I haven't done the second row yet but that should be a snap compared to the front.

In the picture, passenger side done, driver side about to be torn apart:

CardinalFJ60
09-07-2008, 04:40 PM
when I did the Ghia interior, I wish I had like 5 hands to re-do the seats. are the 80 seats re-done with with hog rings or other attachment?

Hulk
09-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Looks great! This is one of the upgrades on my list for sure. Ken's leather is really nice.

Convert
09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Looks Great Bruce definitely on my list of to do's

Uncle Ben
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Looks great! This is one of the upgrades on my list for sure. Ken's leather is really nice.

Kevins leather is still nice after a year and a half! :rolleyes: ;)

nakman
09-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Kevins leather is still nice after a year and a half! :rolleyes: ;)

hey not every thread is about you buddy.. :D :bolt:

but looking good, Bruce! Now's the part when I ask if you put in seat heaters.. :p:

60wag
09-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I thought about the seat heaters but decided against them. They're kinda neat on the SAAB but I can live without them in the Cruiser.

Uncle Ben
09-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I thought about the seat heaters but decided against them. They're kinda neat on the SAAB but I can live without them in the Cruiser.

Mistake! ;)

RockRunner
09-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Nice job and good decision.