PDA

View Full Version : Yo, mini/taco/T-100 dudes...

Uncle Ben
09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Ran into some questions today that I have no clue about. (OK more questions :rolleyes: :homer:) Are the T-cases the same on all the later model V-6 setups?(later meaning post '96ish. Specifically like the T-100 ...can it be doubled like the earlier ones? I need me an edjamacation!

AxleIke
09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Yes it can be doubled.

Its expensive.

Automatics differ from the manuals IIRC.

For more, I will defer to others.

However, your best resource is going to be inchworm

http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/

They have excellent tech service.

Uncle Ben
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes it can be doubled.

Its expensive.

Automatics differ from the manuals IIRC.

For more, I will defer to others.

However, your best resource is going to be inchworm

http://www.inchwormgear.com/store/

They have excellent tech service.

Thanks! At this point I'm just trying to learn. Are the later cases chain driven?

AxleIke
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
AFAIK, ONLY 4cyl cases are gear driven. V6 and auto cases are chain driven.

The adapters allow for a 4.7 or stock geared case to be put in front of the Chain case, or you can adapt and do 2 geared cases, though that only works on pass drop trucks. Not sure which side the T-100 drops.

Cheese
09-07-2008, 10:33 PM
They are chain drive and can have a stock gear reduction case put ahead of them for duals.

Alternately, you can put a bunch of gear drive cases and get rid of the chain all together.

I have a 95 4Runner with a 3.4 and late model auto, but with Marlin adaptors and two gear drive cases. It goes really slow.w

Between Marlin and Inchworm I feel like they just about let you put any t-case behind any tranny you want.

Uncle Ben
09-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Outstanding info guys! Now I feel that again.....I know everything....just ask! ;) :lmao: :hill:

nakman
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
I remember at the picnic Oleg telling us that the T-100 has a different t-case than the Tacos & runners, and that's what he was using for his 5VZFE-40 project. I don't remember the actual difference, other than there is one, and if I needed to know I'd remember to ask Oleg. :)

Uncle Ben
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
I remember at the picnic Oleg telling us that the T-100 has a different t-case than the Tacos & runners, and that's what he was using for his 5VZFE-40 project. I don't remember the actual difference, other than there is one, and if I needed to know I'd remember to ask Oleg. :)

Now that answer I know! :woot: :woot: T-100's have the standard right side front output whereas Tacos are lefty's! :D

DaveInDenver
09-08-2008, 09:00 AM
That's right, the T100 shares the same IFS as the 1995 and older trucks (just wider), so it would be a right side diff. When you do a long travel with longer control arms, you use the CV axles from a T100. But it uses a 5VZ. My guess is that the transmission and transfer would be more similar to a 3.0L truck than a Tacoma. You should call Marlin, if anyone would know how all the different transfer cases mix and match, which doubler you need, etc., he would.